Chapter 7: Hero's Duty.

"We followed the trail and then found ourselves in a huge cave entrance."

The class listened intently on him, Hugo was on the good part. It was when they found the trail left by the goblins.

"We found ourselves on a huge cave entrance, it was guarded by several goblins."

""""Ohh!"""

The class gave out an amazed noise. From the young ones, tales of heroism and adventures was a great hit. They would often go for books about it, and even imitate them if their passion was that strong.

And now, the legend himself is the one who's telling his story.

"Entering inside would be dangerous since there might be some narrow passages inside so we devised a plan."

Caves have both wide and narrow passages, the ceiling might be lower that you need to crouch down to fit. Moving in large group of twelve might not be a good idea.

Not to mention, it would be hard to fight inside the cave where space was limited. They will need to worry about hitting their fellows, and it would be bad if that happened.

It would be best if just few of them entered the cave. But the risk is, they would further be disadvantage it terms of numbers. Even so, it was still the best choice.

"So we decided to enter and the knights in training are going to guard the entrance so that whenever a goblin escaped from us, they would deal with it."

                                                       ***

"So here's the plan..." Folger said as he gather up the whole crew.

They are in a area with less visibility, it was noon when they started to discuss the plan. They decided to use the night to attack inside the cave. It was dark in the night, less visibility means a great disadvantage for them.

And also, goblins are both used to dark and light places. But there is a merit if they attacked during the night, the goblins needs to sleep too and that's the time they would attack them.

"But we can't wait at night can we? There are probably captives inside the cave right now and being treated inhumanly." Hugo argued.

"I know, but I am also taking our safety in consideration. I can't let you risk yourselves into danger."

"Aren't we already risking out lives right now? Please, I know I am being selfish but I can't bear to know someone might be in danger."

It was the hero's duty to help others. Is what he wants to say.

Folger let out an exasperated sigh and gave in.

"Look here kid, we'll go there as soon as our plan is decided okay? I know you are valuing your duty as a hero but please take care of yourself from time to time."

"Yes, thank you!"

And so, they revised their plan. Once the plan was finally made, everyone prepared to set off.

                                                        ***

Gobyu and the twin sisters followed silently the group of intruders. They are chasing herd of goblins running away from them. They could've let them go since they have no intention to fight but those ruthless humans was mercilessly killing them without remorse.

"Damn them....!" He said as he clenched his fist.

Gobwan looked worriedly on him as they proceed to hide and follow them. Gobyu nodded reassuringly at her.