Chapter Seven

I paced the hallway of the suite that I had booked for the night as I ran my hands through my hair

I paced the hallway of the suite that I had booked for the night as I ran my hands through my hair. It had taken a lot of convincing until Luciana and Mikhail finally gave up on my staying at their house after I'd told them the truth. I had only one more day to find Gianna, after which I'd have to head back home to Sicily. We hadn't faced any trouble or gotten a heads up from the London police regarding anything, but that didn't mean that it wouldn't happen anytime soon. I was really looking to legitimise all the Cosa Nostra businesses - an unnecessary complaint or investigation would only hamper the process. I stopped in front of the full length mirror as I saw the strands of my dark brown hair sticking up in different angles. Dark circles under my eyes highlighted the paleness of my face, showing my lack of sleep over the past 24 hours. The stress of finding Gianna and hitting back at the 'Ndrangheta was getting to me.

I expelled a heavy breath as I forced myself to sit down on the sofa. I was just waiting for Luca to get back with the information that I had told him to track. As if we had some telepathic connection, Luca entered the suite with a victorious grin on his face.

"We found her boss." He declared triumphantly as he settled down beside me.

I raised an eyebrow, urging him to tell me what he had dug up on her.

"She's a law student and has been studying at King's College for the past 6 months. We finally got her phone number and found out that she lives in a seedy apartment building 2 minutes away from Cafe Parisienne." He finished in a single breath as I leaned back into the cushions.

"Good." I muttered thoughtfully as I put my hand out so that he could pass me the burner phone.

"Good? That's it, Sergio?" Luca sputtered as he handed me the phone.

"What else do you want to say? Treat you to drinks for doing your job?"

"Jesus. Chill, man. No need to get so mad. Although, on second thought, that actually would be a good idea. God knows that I haven't gotten some good pussy in a long time. We should -

"Enough Luca. You know why we're here. So just stop with all the unnecessary distractions."

That effectively shut him up as I dialed the number that he had written onto a strip of paper. I was calling her phone just to make sure that it really was her and not some other person.

The phone rang twice before Gianna finally picked, an edge to her voice, no doubt at being woken up so early on a Saturday. I mean, I would definitely be pissy if that were me.

"Hello?" She murmured as a shiver passed through my spine.

Gesù Cristo. It had barely been 24 hours since I had last seen her but every part of me wanted to hear that sweet voice in person.

"Boss, I forgot to tell you one thing -

"Chiudi il becco, Luca!" I growled softly before I hung up the phone.