Chapter 1-A Kiss of Fate (Tommy Thayer/Joe Elliot POV)

A/N: I decided for this story that Tommy will be 25 years old to start out among other things, things will be rough for Tommy for a while...but perhaps he shall find an angel or rather an angel will find him.

London, a place of so much history...musically and otherwise. I place I believe I would LOVE.... Love...love...I wish I knew what that was, what it SHOULD be. Let me explain, firstly my name is Tommy Thayer, I am 25 years old, and I am a member of Black 'N' Blue. You may have heard of us, or if not, it doesn't matter...you probably will and for not the right reasons. I am here with my boyfriend, Jamie St. James.... he was so sweet at first, when we first met. It was all a LIE, A CHARM, only meant to deceive me...but still some part of me held out hope he would change. He's my world.... literally. I am allowed no contact with my friends, like Kiss' Eric Singer, Gene Simmons, and Paul Stanley, that started a few years ago as Jamie set his sights on me...Slowly, he choked the life out of me, cutting me off from my friends, my FAMILY. Quickly the beatings started, they started small at first...being smacked, minor bruises...but then came pain...beatings where I'd lie awake wanting to die, just Pain...hazy, hazy pain. I Want to die...but I see no way out, Jamie wont even grant me death...for that warrants a punishment FAR worse than death...I am SO afraid of him. Especially the news I am currently so very desperate to hide I am pregnant.... i just found out, I'd tell Jamie...but I'd get beaten...I desperately want the baby though...I do...but I am trapped.

I would admire the sights are currently we are driving thru London in a car, Jamie groping me...I fake a smile, he doesn't seem to notice. There's a reason we are here and its NOT the vacation he claims it is.... Suddenly Jamie's hand, drifts down to my stomach...and he freezes. Shit!! My baby, I'm only a month and a half...

"Tommy.... what the FUCK is this?" Jamie whispers menacingly, I look down as he's trained me to do, till he grips my chin so hard making me wince.

"Um...I-I...just f-found out...Jamie...I didn't mean to!!" I start stammering badly, knowing what's coming knowing...that my life is once again in danger....

"You are SO lucky, fucking lucky we are in this car...but Tommy...for lying, for doing this...you will PAY." I dread the end of the ride....and what's coming.... All too soon, me trembling.... it's freezing out, it's only October but so much colder than in the states...its basically winter. We exit the car at some pub...and Jamie drags me to the back alley.... the last thing I remember is this: "I am DONE with a worthless piece of shit like YOU..." and then pain, everywhere....and blood...I smell blood...smell.... blood and all fades to black....

Joe Elliot POV

I wind my scarf tighter around my neck, doing my best to disappear into my coat. Thanking God, that Def Leppard has no shows going on right now. I find myself wondering around.... There is a strange feeling I have...it's in the air, is fate? Could it be fate or something more? Very strange indeed. My thoughts land on someone amid my wanderings...someone I met several years ago, when it was still the 80's...a member from the band Black 'N' Blue...they'd made a bit of a name for themselves, and they even opened a few shows for my band...but the person I remember most was their guitarist: Tommy Thayer. Blond wavy hair, though even though it was dyed...it looked good on him, chocolate brown eyes, a jaw sculpted as if by a master sculptor...but he was with someone...Jamie, I think...I could see...all was not well, Tommy did not seem happy...but I could never seem to prove their was more to it, like I had that bad feeling...Tommy never looked at me, he stared only at Jamie or at the floor...it didn't sit well with me then and , it doesn't sit well with me now...

I'd went to a pub, never mind the name.... it's super noisy and I head out to get a breath of the already frosty air...which brings us to now, I hear...a low, sound.... enough to make me turn my head and it seems to be coming from the alley behind the pub.... i round the corner, my eyes going wide with shock and horror.

"Oh my god..." I manage to choke out, I see a person.... blond hair matted with dirt...and blood, so much blood..., too they are covered in bruises, eyes both black and swollen. I fall to my knees, "Oh god...who did this to you?" I check for a pulse and they are alive but barely, I notice more things, the person is oddly familiar too...even with the swollen face, and jaw....i feel I know them, HIM. And I suddenly realize, they have no jacket...and there is blood coming from between their legs.... oh, dear god! Poor love lost a baby.... if I ever get my hands on whoever did this!

I don't want to move them too much and hurt the poor guy further, but I take off my jacket and cover them and the scarf I use to out gently behind their head and I yell for someone to call the emergency service.... thankfully someone DOES hear me, and services are immediately called. Why the hell did NO ONE hear this oddly familiar stranger? Well, I'll make sure too they get the help they need so very desperately....and wait....is this...their wallet? Hmm, oh my.... it's...the only thing left...is an ID of all things...and the name: Tommy Thayer...my god, it IS him...no wonder he seemed so familiar...which means that damned Jamie St. James must have done this!

"Can...you hear me? I don't know if you can Tommy. You'll be safe now I promise...I have no clue why someone would do this to YOU, Jamie must've....and left of all things your ID but has taken everything else from you...broken you." I find tears streaming down my face, and soon the emergency services arrive, and the cops...I refuse to leave Tommy, so I run down quickly how I found him and who is likely (is) responsible and hope Jamie can indeed be found...Tommy though has a very long road ahead of him. We are off, my nerves on edge...and it is quickly determined as I have thought...he did have a miscarriage, among other things...and I note, he's so damn thin...

Upon arrival, Tommy is immediately taken to be assessed and I wait...wait...and nearly doze off, when a Doctor comes out looking solemn, but gives a detailed list of his injuries, broken ribs, bruised organs, the miscarriage....but I am told he can have more children...cold comfort for him if he was awake right now, a long hospital stay is likely...and Jamie is being searched for apparently. I am told I can see him shortly and that he was brought just in time...he nearly died, and it breaks my heart.

A thought occurs, Sav...Sav is dating Eric Singer of Kiss...and Eric and Tommy were close friends but haven't seen each other because of Jamie.... i quickly call Sav praying he will answer, he does...and I tell him what happened and thankfully Eric was there...I could hear yelling and crying...speaking of crying I cry still...but I am told they are coming. At last, I get shown to where Tommy is, and I falter...seeing the state he's still in...he looks like death, so broken.... broken.

I sit by his bed whispering, "I will take care of all this.... take care of you.... i wish only I'd saved you sooner...from now on, things will be different...from n-now on." I sob, I carefully take his hand as if to seal my promise and to offer some small comfort.

Is this fate? Meeting again like this? A kiss of fate? It's been a hell of a night...hopefully in time he can be healed...it won't be easy, but I feel SO strongly I need to be here.

A/N: Much more to come...hope you liked this first chapter!