Chapter 6: Peggy's POV

It doesn't feels like my village, but I can't deny. This place is so beautiful. The trees by the street, the lights, the tall buildings. Wow! How they can build this tall? They must be amazing constructors. I admire the whole place throughout my journey. I pull down the window to have some natural air. The air is so fresh and it's hitting my face. It's wonderful.

"Excuse me, Mam. Can you pull up the window, please?"  the driver said. "The air is moving out".

"Oh"  I said. "Sure"  I press the button and the window starts to close. I release a disappointed sigh, knowing how much they didn't appreciate nature. They're just opposite of me. I turn to look at the man sitting beside me, which is my husband. No reaction. Still looking out the window. I wonder whether he hears the conversation between me and the driver in a while ago? I bet not.

After some time pass, the driver pulls the car for parking. 

"Here we are" he says.

I sigh. Finally, we have reach the destination. I cannot take the silence anymore. It's too painful.

I stepped out of the car and take my first glance of my new home. 

Holy Shit, it's beautiful.

It's a big, white bungalow with it's own compound. Fully decorated with plants, flower pots. And there's a superbike parked. Most probably it's  his. The house is amazing. I looked around the neighborhood and it's all the same. All the houses has the United State's flag on it. 

"Welcome home, you two" One of the man that I saw in the hall walked towards me from the house.

"Hi, I'm Barnes. People calls me Bucky." he said. "I'm Steve's friend" he introduces himself. He looks nice and friendly. His dark brown hair needs a little trimming, his light blue eyes is swimming all over my face.

"Hi, I'm Peggy. Nice meeting you" I said

"Nice. Shall we go inside the house" he asked me, looking at Steve.

"Sure" I replied. 

I take a glance at Steve, who ignores me in the pathway and steps into the house. I'm still standing outside with Barnes. Steve doesn't care about me. Disappointment dawns in me and I bet Barnes noticed that. I smile at him. "Shall we?"

"Yeah" he said.

I started walking towards the house with Barnes escorting me.

"Why all the houses here have the flag?" I asked him

"The whole place contracts with the Army of the United Stated. It's just a symbol that we're one of them" he said

"Oh, I get it" I said

"Plus, your husband here, he's the captain of the US armies. He definitely needs that" he smirks

I smiled back. I wonder why I married to the captain of the US armies. Why can't I marry some ordinary man? or someone like Barnes here? 

I quickly shut my mind's voice. I'm married and flattering is bad. 

I stepped into the house and I gasp. It looks like the house was ransacked by buglers.  

Clothes everywhere. No paintings on the sterile white wall, no color, no decoration. Just empty. Even the solid oak table dividing the kitchen and the living room is undecorated. It's so unlike the home I grew up in, where the kitchen table was the focal point of my mother's entire house, complete with the table runner, fruit bowls, an elaborate overhead chandelier, and plates to match whatever the current season was. But here, it's all the opposite. This place looks like a haunted and abandoned home for quite a long time.