⨓17. Night Of Shadows

Author's POV

Author's POV

Namjoon and Jin layed on the comfy bed while staring up at the ceiling which was playing one of their most favourite and addicting k-dramas, Vincenzo. They just loved it too much ok! So don't judge them for watching it all the time! The whole ceiling was installed with a hologram TV. When it is turned of, the original state of the ceiling is able to be seen. But regardless of the TV being holographic, you could have the same theatre-like screen to watch to. So they both decided to watch it while lying down on their bed and staring up because...they were night owls. Though, they soon finished their current episode and closed the TV.

There was pin-drop silence in the huge darkroom. Nobody spoke for a solid 5 minutes. But that all was thrown out of the window when Jin broke the quietness with his soothing voice. "You know" Joon looked at Jin for a second but then his eyes landed back on the ceiling. "What?" He asked.

"When I died and came to the registration office here for the first time, they gave me a sheet that had one question on it. It was optional to fill or not. And you can put as many answers as you want." "What was the question?" "What have you learned in life?" "So what did you answer?"

"I have learned that you should never do anything too much. Because in the end, you are the one that is going to get harmed back. No matter what you do, never do anything too much. Don't love too much, because you will be taken advantage of. Don't hate too much, because you will be filled with guilt. Don't cry too much because there is nothing you can do about what you are crying over. Don't lie too much, because it will be a burden on your back."

Namjoon sighed and turned his whole body, facing Jin. "How did you learn this?" Joon asked again. "Through the painful memories with the ones I loved the most. I loved my siblings so much that, the day I got betrayed, I just died at that moment with pain absorbing me in its dark abyss. But even generally, if we overdo anything, we are the ones that get affected by it."

Namjoon's eyes softened. "You have seen life, haven't you?" "I haven't seen life, I have experienced almost every bit of it. Most of them were the negative ones. Life is very brutal on the inside, Hyung. It keeps trying to break us down and it's our job to not satisfy its desires. Once in a while, it gives us some good moments to make us keep going and playing its game." Joon was surprised at how negative the younger one was being. I mean, he didn't mind it, but he never heard him say it in this way.

"I've never heard you being so negative." "I am not being negative, I am just being practical. Anyways, let's sleep, you must be tired. It will take you a while to sleep because your body might not be used to this world. But I am sure you will get used to it." Namjoon nodded his head and closed his eyes. "Oh! I forgot to tell you!" Joon opened his eyes back again. "What now?" "The Night of Shadows is going to happen next week on Friday. So just mentally prepare yourself." "Ok, now, goodnight" "Goodnight" TSoon after, they both tried to fall asleep.

For the first few days, Jin brought his best friend to many different parts of the city that they were living in, Ellumirous. And they did many various things that they couldn't do when they were on earth. They went to numerous orchestras, opera houses, art museums and more. Then they even went scuba diving in the ghost ocean with aquatic animals that are currently extinct in the human world. Namjoon swore that he will never go diving again because he got scared of all the fishes that were swimming around him and coming close to him. But overall, they had a lot of fun in the ghost world.