#3

Topic:

When you only have one more month to live

(Reader x Shinazugawa Sanemi)

Reader P.O.V

I thought with a demon yesterday. He was strong, but I still managed to defeat him.....

But there's something that kept bugging me.

Before he died, he said that he has thrown a curse on me. 

A curse that will kill me in one month.

I didn't believe it at the start, but....

One day, I woke up in midnight because of a sudden pain on my chest. I unbuttoned my shirt and saw a small black dot on my left chest, where my heart is situated.

29 days left....

"Hey, Shinazugawa-san, can we not train today~~~" I clung onto my sensai's arm and begged.

"WHAT??? IMPOSSIBLE!!! GO DO YOUR TRAINING, Y/N!!!" Without even thinking about it, Sanemi shouted and shooed me away to do me training.

"Hai~~" I smiled and went away.

A few seconds later, when Y/n was gone, Sanemi touched his arm, where Y/n just held on.

"That little bastard...." Without noticing, Sanemi smiled slightly.

20 days left....

The pain on my chest was getting worse everyday.

Last time when I went on a mission with Sanemi, I found out that my speed has gone slower, and my movements were sloppier.

"OI Y/N!!!"

I dozed off without noticing in a mission.

When my mind floated back, I saw Sanemi in front of me, shielding me from a demon's attack.

After he killed the demon, he turned back to me with anger but also worry.

"WHAT THE HELL Y/N!!! YOU ALMOST GOT KILLED!!!"

"Hehe.... Sorry, I dozed off~~" After that, I sticked even closer with Sanemi, following him everywhere and staying around him for most of my time.

I knew that I don't have much time left.

10 days left.....

I was about to go out on a mission, but the second I went out of the door, immense pain came from my chest as I collapsed onto the ground.

I hoped no one saw me, but still: "OI Y/N!!!"

Sanemi came out of the door and pulled me up: "Y/N!! You should go to the butterfly mansion!!"

"No, no..... It's just that I have my period today, and the pain's killing me." After hearing about going to the butterfly mansion, I immediately told him no.

Shinobu-chan was already busy enough with all the wounded at the butterfly mansion, and don't even start with the amount of work she's been doing to prepare herself for the dose of medicine she's trying to make with Tamayo-san, and for the upcoming battle.

I'm just a tsuguko.... I shouldn't bother her that much.

"Okay...." Sanemi was confused, but because of 100 percent trust and love, he shook the weird feeling off and went to the mission with me.

7 days left.

The small black dot has already grew so big it covered nearly my whole chest, and it was starting to show on my neck. I decided to hide it with a scarf.

"OI Y/N!! Why are you wearing a scarf at mid summer???"

"Baka!! It's a type of fashion!!"

2 days left.......................

I thought I was going to be okay, but I started to fall unconscious at least a few times each day....

"Y/N!! YOU NEED TO GO TO THE BUTTERFLY MANSION!!!" Sanemi grabbed my wrist and tried to get me to Shinobu.

"NO!! Let's just wait until tomorrow....... Maybe it's just a fever...."

1 hour left.

Me and Sanemi had a fight. I ran away from him and hid in my room, locking the door.

0 hour 0 min 1 seconds left.....

'I'm sorry, Sa.....nemi......'

-3 min......

Sanemi P.O.V

After I've broke through Y/n's door, all I saw was Y/n on her bead.

Dead.

I got her corpse to the butterfly mansion and asked Kocho the reason she died.

"Shinazugawa-san...... Y/n-chan died because of chronic poison..."

I nodded slowly before going back to my estate.

I trained myself for 3 days non-stop until I coughed out blood. Then, I went back to my room and opened a locked cabinet.

I took out the small box placed inside, hugging it close to my chest.

I fell back to my bed, sniffling and cursing about god's unfairness.

"Baka..... I already prepared a ring......."