Chapter 13

"Load up!" Vincent ordered, getting the hint, and everyone jumped into action.

Emma and her brothers walked with April, Casey and Vern towards the police bus as Donnie brought up a holographic map of the city. "April, Casey and Vern need an escort to Pier 90," he said. "The electromagnetic force of the portal is coming from there. Forwarding you the coordinates."

As Donnie hopped inside the bus, Leo called out, "Send a team!" Vincent turned as he walked towards her. "Take us to the Chrysler building," he ordered. "We'll make our way up to his ship and take down Krang on his own turf."

Vincent seemed a bit unsure about being given orders by mutant turtles, but she said nothing in protest as Leo, Raph and Mikey climbed inside the police bus. Emma was about to follow them on the bus until April stopped her.

"Emma" April knees down to the little girl's level looking into her eyes worried but confident in her "Be careful up there okay?" April said.

"I will I promise." She nods her head with a smile The two hug for a second before pulling away and April ran to Casey's car with Vern.

Driving through the city with their own police convoy, sirens wailing and everything, The five siblings were silent, all of them mentally bracing themselves.

Emma holds Donnie's hand breathing a little sharp having a mini panic attack, the turtle notices this and picks her up mimicking her breathing exercise as they both do it together.

"We're 90 seconds out," Vincent told them. "I've got tactical gear, weapons, communications standing by."

Leo raised his hand and looked at her. "All we need is cover to get up there. When we do, we've got to find that beacon that's drawing all those pieces together." He pointed to the computer the five of them were currently gathered around.

"If we can send that beacon back to where it came from," Donnie continued, "and April, Casey and Vern can close that portal on our command..."

Mikey grinned. "Goodbye, Technodrome."

"Goodbye, Krang," Raph added, looking at his siblings

"Safe New York!" Emma raises her hands in the air with a bright smile "Team effort!"

"Team effort," the brothers chuckle/smile at their sister encouragement giving her head pats or ruffling her hair.

The turtles patted each other lightly on the shoulder or knocked forearms, a form of silent and mutual agreement.

The convoy soon came to a stop, and through the window Emma could see the police setting up a perimeter around the bus, meaning they'd arrived at the Chrysler building.

The only way to get inside the building unseen by the public was to have help from the police, Emma could see a large crowd of people gathering behind the yellow police tape on the other side of the road - most of them with their phones out, trying to see what was happening

"Are they gonna see us?" Emma chews her sleeve looking at Vincent nervously, the captain gives her a small smile shaking her head "They won't see you I promise."

"Go, move, move, move. Get your team in position!" an officer ordered as Vincent and her assistant stepped outside.

Shields up!" Vincent called from outside.

The siblings all stared at the door.

"Tight form on that barricade!" her assistant ordered as Donnie holds Emma close to his chest looking down at her "Keep your head down okay."

Emma nods snuggling closer into his chest, they saw the whole team of police officers had large shields up, covering the siblings on all sides from top to bottom from the prying eyes of the public.