Chapter Nine

A month had gone by and at this point the family was in shambles. Do-Wan, Hyun, Kwang and Na-Rae had kept to their schedules. They went to their Angel classes along with their occasional Demon classes.

Mila, Gogyul and Tokki hadn't been spoken of. Fear of an argument or misunderstanding caused the others to keep quiet.

You and your sins weren't in a good place either. They stayed busy in hell and you stayed busy in heaven. You weren't trying to avoid each other, at least you didn't think you were on purpose.

But, it was easier to do so than to face each other. You are the parents, and as the parents you created or helped create this large mess.

Winter and you were on the rocks because she and her children felt that your household was breaking and that the sins evil was taking it over.

Today was the first time you'd seen Winter in person. You had a meeting with your mother and few other angels about a warning that was sent by the fates.

You entered the large, white, almost blinding meeting room and sat at the head of the table. Winter sat to the left of you and your mother sat at the other end.

The room was silent, as if everyone was afraid to speak.

"What? Just say it." You said sharply as you looked around at everyone's faces,

Moira, the Angel closest to your mother spoke softly, "the fates are saying that...a war is coming. One that they're not even sure if we'll win."

"A war?" Winter questioned, "Who would want a war with heaven?"

"Hell..." Flora said with a chuckle

"Flora..." Evangeline warned

"No, she's our goddess and we should be able to be honest." Flora argued

"Honest of what?" Your mother questioned

"Marrying the sins and combining our worlds was a mistake. We all know it and we all feel it! Nothing has been the same since—"

"Flora don't..." Moira begged as she hid her face in her hands

"Don't? Yah Moira, Evangeline, goodness even Winter! We've all had this talk already, I'm just the only one to say anything."

Your eyes widened as you glanced at Winter.

"Winter?" You questioned

"You're married to a demon or have you forgotten that?" You mother snapped, "And regardless she IS your goddess and respect is required."

"We do respect you goddess but we have worries. And yes Winter is married to a demon but she is not the goddess, her actions do not hurt the whole." Evangeline said quietly

"Now my actions have hurt the whole? For years our alliance with hell has made not only the spirituals a better place but the world. These last years have been close to a utopia—"

"No, they haven't." Winter finally spoke

"What?" You questioned annoyed

"No, Goddess they haven't. Just last year alone 24,567 women went missing in California. They're not being reported on because to the world they are people who won't be missed." Winter finished with a sad sigh, "I haven't said anything because we didn't have any solid proof that it was in accordance with hell...But it is Kata...The sins have been lying to you."

Your mouth had fallen agape and shock was written on your face. Your mind running a mile a minute and causing you to be unable to speak.

With a wave of Flora's hand, a stack of folders appeared in front of you.