Making Amends

"Everybody split up now" Jackie commanded, "I think we're in the right area now but there's still too much ground to cover. Let's find him as fast as we can"

Chase nodded, "Alright, Jackie. Just remember not to get close to him. We don't wanna lose him again"

"I know, I know" the hero zeroed in on the area, trying to listen and watch closely to the people around them, "Now go. I'm gonna get to higher ground and maybe I'll be able to hear him if he's around anybody else"

The others nodded and took off in different areas of that section of the park. Meanwhile, Jackie jumped on top of some buildings, trying to put his powers to good use.

If he focused enough, he could hear the smallest of sounds and see from long distances. He might just be their best bet in finding the glitch, after all.

Meanwhile, the fireworks were just about to begin, the darker it got outside.

Actor sighed to himself, 'Today is just not exactly going how I planned. . . Honestly, I thought that maybe with enough coaxing, Anti would spend more time with the idiots and forgive them but  . . . I don't think that's what's going on'

He scratched at his arms with a huff, 'Why does King wear this thing? It's so fucking scratchy! It's gonna give me a rash on my beautiful skin!'

"Actor?"

"Yes?"

He turned only to realize far too late his mistake, ". . . Uh-oh . . . ."

Dark stood before him, arms crossed and a disappointed look on his face.

"uH . . . I can explain"

"Can you?" Dark seemed patient on the outside but Actor knew better. This was a seriously pissed off Dark  . . . this Dark made even Actor nervous.

But he still had his tricks, "I came just like you asked me to!" he smiled, "King uh . . . he was getting hot and gave me his-"

"Enough lies, Actor!" Dark shouted at him, "I KNOW you took King's place today and left him at home alone. I know you've been pulling your fucking strings all day to get whatever the hell it is you want! But why the FUCK did you have to mess with Anti!?"

"That's not-"

"Anti is somewhere in this huge fucking park all alone somewhere in the dark . . . afraid. That's what Host told us. And if we can't find him, I'm blaming YOU"

"ME!?"

"YES, you! If you hadn't invited them all in the first place, then we wouldn't even BE here!"

"Well if you hadn't invited Anti to stay, then we'd never be here, either! As I see it, some of the blame falls on you, too!"

"What?!"

Actor sighed and glanced away. He shrugged off the red cloak skillfully and sighed heavily, "Doesn't matter . . . ." he threw off the crown on his head, "Let's just go find him and go home. I'm done with this." 

Actor couldn't even look at Dark. It seemed like no matter what he did, he'd always be a nuisance in his eyes. Unlike Anti.

But Dark didn't understand Actor in this moment. What was he saying? None of it made sense!

Jackie remembered that night all too clearly. Watching over everyone in the park just looking for Anti . . . he couldn't help but remember what happened.