Episode 4.4: The Underground Pt.2

P A R T T W O

C L I N T ' S S A F E H O U S E
M I S S O U R I
T W O D A Y S L A T E R

Clint watched from his porch as the van pulled up, stirring around the dirt and dust as Sharon parked in front of the house. Sam had gotten tired of driving so she decided the step in and let him relax in the back. Clint waved at her with a small smile and went around to the back to help them out with their luggage. The back doors opened up, everyone being met with Clint's smile. "Hey guys," he said.

"Clint!" Kate cheered, rushing out of the back of the van and hugging him.

He chuckled, hugging her back. "Hey Kate. Missed you too," he said, parting from her. "Carter," he nodded as Sharon approached him.

"Hey Barton. Good to see you again," Sharon said as Lucky plopped down onto the ground, licking Clint's hand.

"Hey buddy," Clint smiled brightly, petting his head. "Ay Cap," he said as Sam stepped off the van.

"Hey Clint."

"I'm sorry about Barnes, man."

"Yeah," Sam nodded, flashing him a forced smile as he took his and Monica's bags.

"Wanda," Clint smiled as she came off the van.

She smiled back and gave him a firm hug. "I really missed you."

"Missed you too, red. I feel so loved right now," he said, chuckling as she took her bags.

Everyone else started coming off the van, Sharon taking her kids inside, and RJ helping with luggage. Clint stopped him for a moment. "I don't believe we've met, RJ, but Kate talks about you a lot."

"Yeah?"

Clint smirked. "Yeah, she does. She loves you a lot. And I'm sorry about your father. He was a good man," he said, squeezing his shoulder.

RJ nodded. "I love her just as much back and thank you, Mr. Barton."

"Just Clint's fine. C'mon inside."

"Cassie!" Scott cheered, rushing out of the kitchen.

"Dad!" Cassie shouted, meeting him in the middle with a strong hug.

Scott held her tight, cradling her head. "Oh my God, I'm so glad to see you, peanut," he said, parting from her and holding her face.

At the table, Rhodes kept nudging Bobbi to talk to Clint. "The awkwardness is only gonna get worse. Just talk to him and get it over with," he encouraged.

"Don't listen to him. You don't wanna talk to the jackass than don't," John shrugged as Rhodes rolled his eyes.

"Good God, John. You're in the man's house and calling him a jackass."

"He left Bobbi."

"No, we left each other."

"He called you ugly when you were tired."