It's A Living

The limo pulled up in front of Shaker's Lounge, one of Kingston's only strip clubs. Tonight was Phillip's bachelor party, this was the last of the planned stops. Ferbie and Fubble were the last ones to leave the limo, following the very rowdy group towards the entrance.

"I don't know why we can't just go home now." Ferbie mumbled to his boyfriend.

"Because it's our roommate's bachelor party and we told him we would stay." Fubble wrapped his arm around Ferbie's shoulders. "It's not like we could very well avoid him. Think of it as like a moving away party." The men followed the group through the doors of the club, showing the bouncer their IDs. "After the wedding, he'll be gone and we'll have the apartment all to ourselves."

"That will be nice." Ferbie agreed. "Although, I don't think I would have a party at a strip club featuring women." They chuckled together.

They walked with the group towards the stage. Luckily, some chairs were empty so the party sat around the end of the catwalk. Fubble kissed Ferbie's cheek before walking over to the bar. Ferbie sighed and took a gander at his surroundings. He turned his head just as a scantily clad lady walked up.

"Wanna dance?" She asked, placing her hand on the back of his chair.

Ferbie smiled politely and shook his head. "Thank you, I'm fine."

The woman turned her attention away. Fubble walked up with a bottle of beer and a cosmopolitan. Ferbie took the beer, knowing it was for him.

"Ladies and gentlemen," The MC's voice came over the speaker. "Please give it up for T-T-Tranquility."

A pink haired woman stepped out from backstage. She flipped her hair and strutted up the stage. Ferbie squinted his eyes at Tranquility. He looked over to Fubble to see if he noticed too. He was too wrapped up in his cosmo to even glance at her. Ferbie nudged his arm and motioned to the stage. Tranquility spun around the pole a few times before pretending to fall off. She slowly started crawling to the edge of the stage. Men slipped bills into her lingerie as she passed. As Tranquility reached the end of the stage, she flipped her hair up and made full eye contact with Ferbie. Her eyes widened and she snapped her eyes to Fubble. Both the men smiled and chuckled, now knowing for sure who Tranquility was.

"Hey Serenity." Ferbie raised his bottle in a greeting before taking a swig.

Serenity shushed him before returning to her feet. Serenity suddenly became very cautious of all her movements now. She ran her hand over her body, following the routine in her head. Serenity avoided eye contact with her friends as they clapped and cheered her on, causing her to blush immensely. She swung around the pole a few more times before finally walking off stage. The MC announced a new dancer as Serenity walked to the main floor. She sped walked to Ferbie and Fubble and shoved both of their shoulders.

"First of all, I'm Tranquility in here. Second," Serenity lowered her voice. "What the fuck are you guys doing here?"

Fubble gestured to Phillip who was being guided to a private room. "Roommate's bachelor party." He looked back to Serenity. "And what about you, Tranquility?" They chuckled again.

"How old are you guys?" Serenity rolled her eyes. "Law school ain't cheap." She glanced aside, catching a glimpse of her manager eyeing her up. She looked at the two again. "Give me cash."

"Why?"

"Manager is staring me down." Serenity gestured her head over to the man sitting by the bar. Ferbie rolled his eyes and handed over a ten from his wallet. Serenity took it and slipped it into her top under her breast. She pulled up a chair from a nearby table and sat between Ferbie and Fubble. "I'm so fucking exhausted." She ran her hands through her hair.

"I bet. Glad we can give you a load off." Ferbie finished off his beer. "Want a drink?"

"Hey Fubble, Ferbie," One of the bachelors in the party interrupted before Serenity could respond. "How long are you going to hog the babe?"

"Fuck off!" Both of them responded, causing Serenity to smirk.

Ferbie stood up, patting Serenity on the shoulder before walking towards the bar. Fubble pulled Serenity's chair closer to him, trying to shield her from the douchier guys in the group.