Christmas Decorations

Ferbie shoved Fubble's shoulder. "You're cheating!" Not bothering to stay quiet for their roommate in the next room.

Fubble laughed and grabbed Ferbie's hand to pull him into a hug. "You were watching me! How could I cheat?" He pressed the controller button to move the screen to the race track selection page.

Ferbie mumbled under his breath claims that Fubble learned Mario Kart cheat codes. He was silenced by a kiss from Fubble. Ferbie couldn't help but smirk and his frustration melted away. He pulled off and held Fubble's cheeks. Just as he was going to suggest finishing the game, a knock echoed from the front door.

"I'll get it." Ferbie sighed. Ferbie walked to the door and opened it. He rolled his eyes. I should have looked through the peephole. "Hi Karol." Ferbie mumbled.

Karol was the superintendent of the building. She had a blond slanted pixie cut. Her piercing blue eyes narrowed, trying to intimidate Ferbie, who was unfazed. She always had something to complain about. Something to correct you on. Karol was one of the reasons the boys started looking for a new place.

"Ferbie." Karol said flatly. "Is Fubble home? Or Phillip? I would rather speak with either of them than you."

"No. You're going to talk to me." Ferbie stepped into the hall, closing the door behind him. "What do you want, Karol?"

Karol rolled her eyes with a huff. She pointed to the apartment door. "It's about these Halloween decorations."

Ferbie shrugged. "What about 'em?"

"Well, we're in December now. I'm formally asking you to take these down."

Ferbie sighed and rubbed his forehead. "There's no rule that says we can't keep these decorations on our door. As long as there is nothing blocking the hallway." Ferbie gestured at the floor to show they had nothing displayed.

"I spoke with Kent and he wants you gentlemen to replace the Halloween decorations with Christmas ones." Karol referred to a fake conversation she had with the landlord.

Ferbie smirked. "Really? Well I spoke to Kent two days ago and he told me it was totally fine. So now you're going to lie right to my face?" Ferbie chuckled.

Karol's nose got scrunched up in anger. "Don't you dare call me a liar." She hissed.

"Okay whatever Karol. Stop bothering us over petty shit." Ferbie opened the door to his apartment. "How about you go back to your sexless marriage? Bye." Ferbie closed the door in Karol's face before she could explode with rage.

Ferbie stomped into the living room, hearing two laughs. Phillip had come out of his room to sit in his recliner. Ferbie slumped back next to Fubble on the couch.

"Was it Karol?" Fubble asked with a knowing smirk.

"Yes. She gave me shit for the decorations." Ferbie sighed, picking up his controller again.

Phillip groaned. "I told you she was going to give us shit!" He told Fubble, reaching for a third controller.

Fubble sighed. "I know. I know. They're just so much cuter than Christmas decorations!" He leaned against Ferbie.