Chapter One

Drunk - Chapter 1

"Jessica York! Get back here now!" Derrick yelled after me. I didn't want to look back. It's just too much. I need to get out. I need to go somewhere. Anywhere, but here. You see, my "boyfriend" has become an alcoholic. He's always drunk, and I mean always.

I start running slower. I'm getting tired. I suddenly come to a stop. Worst decision ever. Derrick whips me around so I'm facing him, in his very tight grip. In a split second, a rough hand smacks me across my face. My hands immediately go up to the bright red spot he had created. "Next time, don't try and run away." He said grabbing my hips and flinging me over his shoulder. "Put me down!" I yell pounding on his back. He doesn't even reply. He just keeps walking. He opens a door, and throws me on the floor. "Stay." He said to me like I was a fucking dog. But, on his part he was stupid enough to put me in a bedroom on the bottom floor with a window. I slowly crawl over to the window, and one by one unlock it. I shove it up with all my strength. I'm lucky enough that I'm as skinny as a twig, because he never fed me. I slid out of the window closing it as far as I could without pinching my fingers. I was on the very tip of my toes. And with that, I start running as fast as I could, to get out of there. I can't believe I'd escaped. "God damnit Jessica!" I heard him yell in the distance. I started running faster, and faster. I glance over my shoulder. I see that his truck is gone. Shit. I started sprinting as fast as I could. I took another glance back. Tripping over the curb, slamming my head on the hard grass. Holy fuck. What's happening to my life?