Chapter Five

We'd finally pulled into Jake's driveway. That was probably the most awkward car ride I've ever been in. I opened my door and got out, immediately shivering. Just keep in mind I have shorts on. Zayn and I walked up to the door, he didn't even bother knocking, he just waltz right in. I slowly walked in. "Hey Zayn!" Jake yelled coming from the kitchen doing one of those weird guy hug things. I never understood those. They grab each others hands and pull in. "Hi Jake!" Zayn said as they pulled away. "So why'd you need me here?" Zayn asked. "Well, I needed you to hel-" He paused. Staring at me. The random girl standing in his front hall. "J-Jess?" He asked in disbelief. I started crying, so all I did was nod. He ran over to me and lifted me up and spun me around. We hugged for like five minutes. He pulled away and said, "What are you doing here?" I looked over at Zayn, who was awkwardly standing there. Jake turned around, "You-what?!" He obviously was confused. "I found her on my front lawn, so I took her in." He said looking at his feet. "What happened?!" He asked looking at both of us. Zayn and I just stared at each other. "Well?!" Jake yelled. "It's a long story." I said. "It can't be that long!" He started to walk over to the couch. Zayn and I stood a good 5 feet apart, both staring at him. I looked up at Zayn, who was already staring at me. He shrugged and went and sat down. I followed, and sat on the recliner. "Well, go on!" Jake said gesturing with his hands. I let out a sigh and started explaining.

--

Second time I explained that story in one day. "Wait..Derrick did all of this stuff?!" He asked. "Yup." I said drinking some of the water he'd gotten me. "And you called the cops? A-and you saved her?!" He was so confused, it was amusing. I'm so glad I got to see him again. Just to see the way his eyes lit up when he saw me, he's just..I don't know. Adorable? Yeah, adorable. "So why'd you want me to come?" Zayn asked him. "I don't remember anymore." He said playing with his fingers. "Well, we should get going, it's already 10." Zayn said standing up. "Aw, really?" Jake complained. He sounded like a little kid that didn't get the toy he wanted. "Yeah, I gotta go to school." Zayn yelled grabbing his coat. "Are you coming with me or..?" Zayn asked coming back into the living room. I looked over at Jake. It looked like he wanted me to stay, but I don't know. "Go with Zayn." Jake finally said. "Em, okay." I whispered standing up. Jake got up too, and immediately hugged. "It was nice to see you, Jess." Jake whispered in my ear. "You too" is all I managed to get out. "Bye" He said letting go. "Bye." I said, voice cracking.