Chapter Seven

Drunk - Chapter 7

For about 10 minutes I looked around on the first floor. It was a pretty nice flat. I was looking in the kitchen, when I saw this random door. I walked over, and opened it. There were stairs. What? I didn't know that these had basements. I looked around, I don't know why, it was only me there. I slowly took one step down. The stair creeped causing me to jump back. My heart was racing. What could be down there? I slowly stepped onto the first step again, repeating the same steps all the way down, until the second to last step. I took in a deep breathe, and closed my eyes. I finally opened my eyes to a basement full of paintings. Woah, this is not what I had expected. The ground was cold, and hard. There was paint pallets everywhere, brushes scattered across a table, and beautiful paintings all over the wall. There was one on an easel, looks like he started it a couple days ago. I stared at it for a few moments. But then, something knocked over some brushes. My heart started to race again. I quickly became frantic. Looking in every direction. My heart stopped while something soft brushed past my ankle. I closed my eyes. I looked down. It wasn't there anymore. What the actual fuck. I quickly ran to the steps. But a door shut. Shit. He's back. "Jess?" I heard him yell. What am I going to do?! He's back, and I'm downstairs snooping around! Oh no, he's going to get mad at me. Like Derrick did. When he was gone one day I was looking around, and when he got home he got super pissed. Surprisingly, on that day, he wasn't drunk. The only reason I know that is because he went to work. He can't drink at work, otherwise he'd get fired. "Jess?" He yelled again. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. I slowly started to walk up the stairs, but just like before, the stair creeked. I heard footsteps walking toward the door. I just stood there, frozen. The doorknob turned, and revealed an extremely handsome face. "What are you doing?" He asked with a smirk creeping across his face. "I-I" He cut me off, "It's fine. I don't really tell anyone about this." He said walking down the stairs. "But, since you told me your story, I'll tell you mine."