Chapter Four

Drunk - Chapter 3

I was still crying when Zayn and I let go. He opened the passenger door for me. "B-but don't you have to get groceries?" I asked getting in to the vehicle. "We can save that for later." He shouted running to the other side. "But now we have to go to the campus." He said starting the car. "That sounds fun!" I replied pulling my legs in, because I was wearing shorts and it was kinda cold out. "Sorry, my car doesn't have air conditioning. I'm trying to get that fixed." He stated staring at the road. "Oh, it's fine, because I have this big sweater on!" I laughed. It was a pretty big sweater. It was grey and it had a blue letter 'B' on it. Probably for his college. "Here we are!" He said pointing at the ginormous buildings that were in front of us. "Holy crap.." I whispered. I've never seen a university before, these things were huge! "Bradford University." Zayn said parking in a spot that wasn't completely surrounded by cars. He went to school here? Woah, it must have costed a lot...unless he got a scholarship. He turned to look at me, "You haven't seen one of these, hm?" He asked amused. "Yup, very first time." I said. What I didn't notice that he had gotten out of the car and opened my door. It startled me because I didn't know he was out there. "Haha, sorry." He said closing the door behind me. "You go to school here?" I asked astonished by how big it was. "Yeah," He sighed. "It's my freshman year, though." He said holding the door open for me. Man, he's really polite! He's opening doors for me, not to forget he even...well, he basically saved me! We walked down the ginormous halls to one classroom. He turned in and there was a professor sitting at his desk. "Ah, Zayn. What do you need?" He asked, it seemed like he liked him. "Em, I wasn't here yesterday. Did we have any homework?" He asked. "Well, you sure are a good student!" The man replied happily. He started rattling on and on about the homework they had. I just stood by the door, not saying a word. I saw his professor lean in, what did he say? Because right when he leaned back Zayn said, "Her? That's my friend Jess." He waved his hand, motioning for me to come in. He called me his..friend. Woah, we just met this morning! I'm already his friend?! Oh, well...I haven't had a real friend in a long time since Jake left. I shyly walked in as the professor greeted me, "Hello Miss." Putting his hand out. "Hi." I whispered. I wasn't very good with strangers, but then I realized Zayn was a total stranger.

--

Zayn finally had gotten his homework from his talkative professor and now we were off to his mates house. It was kind of fun today, except for the Derrick part... I glanced at the clock radio, woah! It's only 1:30! Hmm..I wonder if his mate has food. I haven't had anything to eat in..I think two days? Yeah, two days. Derrick didn't feed me on odd numbered days, I don't know why, but he just didn't. Of course, two days ago was April 13th. Odd number. My stomach growled, and I think Zayn heard. "You hungry?" He asked turning the car. "Yeah." I said. "I'll call Jake and see if he has any food." My heart stopped. Jake. I wonder if its the same Jake. My mind was racing while Zayn filed his number, "Jake?" Zayn asked. "Yeah, is it okay if I bring my friend Jess?" I couldn't hear anything from the other line, but from the muffled sound it sort of sounded like the Jake I knew. "And, em, do you have food?" He asked, he seemed embarrassed. Why would you be embarrassed about asking for food? He finally hung up the phone and kept driving. The rest of the car ride was completely silent.