Chapter Two

Drunk - Chapter 2

I woke up abruptly to the sound of a slamming door. I looked around. Holy shit. I slept on this persons front lawn. "I know, I know, I know!" I heard a male voice yell. I turned around. I slept on a guys front lawn. "Fine! I'll be there!" He yelled unlocking his door. He started his car an started to back out. I just laid there, watching his every move. He suddenly stopped. He was staring at me. Our eyes met, it felt like he was staring into my soul. I started to sit up when he rolled down the window and said, "Are you okay, love?" I tried standing up, but I couldn't. I was sore from all the running from yesterday. He opened his door and got out. He walked over to me, stretching his arm out to help me up. I took this gesture and grabbed his hand. I stood up, my knees shaking. "Are you alright?" He asked again looking into my eyes. "N-no. N-not really." I stuttered. "What's your name?" He asked. Why is he asking me so many questions? Probably I fell asleep in his front yard. "Jessica." I said shaking. "Are you cold?" He asked, not letting me reply. He ran into his house and came out with a big sweatshirt. "Here you go, love." He said handing it over to me. "T-thanks." I said, pulling the sweatshirt over my head. "Would you like a ride home?" He asked. "Well, em, I kinda don't have a home..." I said, my voice cracking. "Oh." He whispered. "Well, would you like to come with me? Im going to run some errands." He said with hope in his dark brown eyes. "If it's okay with you." I said looking down the street. "C'mon!" He said opening the passenger door for me. Wow. Derrick never did that, and I just met this guy! I limped over and got in the passenger seat, and buckled. He started the car, and backed out of his driveway. "Em. Where are we going" I asked shyly. "Well, first the grocery store, then my collage, em. Then maybe to my mates house. Would you like to come?" He asks looking at me. "If you keep me away from him.." I said, my voice trailing off. "Who?" He asked concerned. "Em." There was a short pause. "Derrick." I whispered. "Who's he?" He asked stopping at a light. "He's em..my ex-boyfriend." I said, voice cracking again. "Do you need water?" He asked pulling into the parking lot. "Sure." I whispered. "You want to come in or.." He asked opening his door. "I'll come in." I said opening the door and walking next to him. He was pretty tall, or I was just short. He had dark brown hair, and dreamy brown eyes. "Em. What's your name?" I asked shyly. "What? Oh, em. Zayn, Zayn Malik." He said over his shoulder walking into the store. I just stood outside the door, staring into it. "What? Whats wrong?" He asked coming back out of the store. "He's-he's in there." I whispered. "Who!" He asked looking where I was. "D-Derrick." I whispered, again. "What's wrong with him?" He asked. "Well, em, he kinda, uh abused me..." my voice trailed off at the end. "Is that why you were sleeping on my front lawn?" He asked. "Well, not really." He went and sat on the bench outside of the door, hopefully Derrick couldn't see us. "Here." He said, patting the seat next to him. "Can you tell me the whole story?" He asked. Man, this Zayn guy was really nice. I just met him and I'm already telling him everything. It feels so good to get this off my chest, I hadn't told anyone. Not my friends, not my co-workers, not even my own parents, and I'm telling this all to some guy.