Chapter Three

Drunk - Chapter Three

Oh my gosh. That felt so good to get that off my chest. Wow. Now I feel so, so relieved. I glanced over my shoulder and saw he had seen us. "Shit!" I whispered. "What?!" Zayn said looking where I was. "I really can't be here right now." I stated. I looked at Zayn, he was still stating at Derrick. Derrick began walking out of the store. No, no, no, no. This can't be happening. "Come on! He's gonna tear me to pieces!" I yelled grabbing his hands and pulling him off the bench. I started to run back to Zayn's car. A door slammed. Oh my god. He's out here. I looked back. Zayn was still standing where I left him. "Jessica fucking York!" Derrick screamed. "Get your ass back here now!" He yelled and started storming towards me. Now everyone was staring at us. "Zayn?!" I scream bursting into tears. He's even closer now, as if I'm prey and he's the predator. As soon as he raises a hand, he gets tackled to the ground. Holy shit. "Get off me you little cunt!" Derrick screamed trying to push Zayn off. I was crying even harder now. I didn't know what to do, Zayn was pounding on Derrick. Could this get any worse? Wait. Reality check. Zayn, a guy I had just met, came to my rescue. Still crying, I called 911. Derrick was on parole from when I called the cops on him about a week ago. "911, what's your emergency?" The lady asked calmly. "Hello," I said voice cracking from hyperventilating. "Ma'am?" The lady asked. "Oh, yes. This is Jessica York." I said as fast as I could. "Jessica?! Where are you?!" The lady asked ruffling around with some papers. "I'm at Shelly's Market." I whispered, wiping away tears. "Alright, Jessica, they're on their way. Stay calm." She said. I've become, sadly, a regular with the calls. I looked down to see that Zayn had stopped, and was holding Derrick down. Tears slipped out of my eyes. I heard the sirens of the cop cars. The cops came rushing to where we were. "Alright lad, we can take it from here." The cop said grabbing Derrick and yanking him up to his feet. "I will find you, Jess. I am your one and only boyfriend." Derrick stated while the cops were putting the cuffs on him. "I don't think you will, son." The cop stated. Finally this douchebag will be gone. The cops walked Derrick to the car and shoved him in. Derrick gave me a harsh look, and immediately focused his harsh gaze on Zayn. The car started to move. Zayn and I watched as it drove down the road. I turned around, immediately hugging Zayn. "Thank you." I kept repeating, starting to cry again. "Shh." He whispered. "You're going to be safe, I promise." He stated, I could hear in his voice he meant it. Maybe my life might turn right side up, after being upside down all these years. Maybe it's a new start. Maybe I'll get to live the life I used to.