05 : The Valentine's Day

Minjeong took a big bite of her apple as her eyes focused on the movie that was playing. It was Sunday afternoon. Her first relaxed Sunday afternoon after weeks of non-stop work. She wore her pajamas and her socks and her feet were on the table. She missed this- to have absolutely nothing to do and laze around.

"Minjeong-ah!" She rolled her eyes at the shouts of her name but she didn't budge an inch. It was her Sunday morning. No one can disturb her. Not even the loud woman. She ignored it and kept on watching the TV.

"Didn't you hear me?" Jimin stood in front of the TV, crossed her arms on her chest with an unhappy look on her face.

"Don't you see that I'm watching?" she pointed the flat screen. "Move!" she shooed the latter.

"Nope, no more TV for you." Jimin turned it off earning disapproving look by Minjeong. "You have to get ready. We're going to your parents house for dinner." The lawyer took away the remote from Minjeong and put it neatly on the table. "And we have to buy wine for the gift."

"Why must we have dinner with my parents?" She groaned. "Cant we just order pizza or something?"

The thought of her parents and Jimin being in the same room somewhat made her uneasy. She'd be in big trouble should Jimin told them about her mistresses and she cant stand to hear her parents blabbering her childhood and her teen phase to Jimin - which apparently a compulsory task for every parents ever to their soon to be daughter in law.

"Tomorrow is Valentine's day. Your mother asked us to get lunch with them and she told me literally to drag you out of the house if I have to."

"Wait a sec, she asked you? Did she call you?" she frowned.

"No, she came to my office yesterday. Now come on!" Jimin pulled her hand forcefully. "Don't be such a baby, Minjeong-ah!"

"Wait, why didn't she call me? Her own daughter?"

"You'll turn her down and she doesn't wanna do long speech because it wont work on you anymore. We got two hours, make it quick, Minjeong."

The shorty sulked all the way to her room and took the longest bath in her life. Jimin knocked on the door countless times - nevertheless she sung even louder. When she got out of the bathroom, the raged Jimin was sitting on her bed with furious look.

"You should know by now that I'm not afraid of you. Not even a slight bit. Now would you excuse me? I want to get dressed or well... I don't mind if you want to stay and watch." She smirked.

Jimin's eyes widened at the statement and she quit with redden cheeks. She'll wrath at Minjeong later.

"This wine is really good. Thank you, my dear." Minjeong's mom reached out to held Jimin's hand as she squeezed it.

"You're very welcome, Mrs. Kim." She smiled brightly.

"Now...now, would you stop calling us Mr. and Mrs. Kim? That sounds so distant." The old guy chimed in.

"That's right. Jimin, honey. You should call us mom and dad. Just like Minjeong did. You're also our daughter after all."

"Okay, mom." She said awkwardly.

"And dad too," Mr. Kim playfully glared at her.

"And dad, too." Jimin's eyes curving into eyes-smile.

Minjeong ate in full silence mode as she observed the interaction surround her. Her mom and dad were obviously happy with Jimin. She couldn't really blame them. Jimin was pretty, and kind and friendly and smart. She was practically stole everybody's heart effortlessly. Meanwhile, Minjeong was the reserved, moody, gloomy person to begin with. She won't start a conversation if the others didn't make the first move. People would easily judge her as an antisocial kind of person.