(9)

"the thunder"

-

Gwinam sat in a cupboard in one of the classrooms, due to his new found powers, his heightened senses overwhelmed him at times. Especially his hearing. he could hear everything, all at once. He grabbed his ears to try and cancel out the noise and block out enough to have at least regular hearing.

Tears welled in his eyes from the pain he felt. He began to bang his head on the wall behind him. Zombies blew up with gurgles and groans from his loud bangs which made him feel worse.

"shut the fuck up" he screamed, starting to make audible whimpers. Making more noise obviously didn't help but he couldn't do anything else. The pain was so unbearable and he trembled in his words from his tears.

The door opened and Gwinam immediately looked up, his eyes red and puffy from the tears and blood spurting from his head due to his self-inflicted injury.

Cheongsan stood still, closing the door behind him and noticing the shaky boy that was on his knees in from of him. He noticed his state. The blood-shot eyes, messy hair from holding his head and his wound. In a state of fear and shock, Cheongsan didn't want to go near him because Gwinam was still out to kill him and being in an enclosed room with him isn't going to help him survive his wrath.

Yet, having more empathy than Gwinam, he felt sorry enough to help.

"fuck off" Gwinam hissed as the boy walked towards him, saliva drooled from his mouth as his headache was worsening with every clash of thunder.

Cheongsan ignored his threat and sat down in front of him. Gwinam still gripped his ears and just stared at the boy, confused as to why he wasn't running away from him.

Without a word shared between them, Cheongsan put his hands over his ears as well, his hands on top of Gwinam's. Cheongsan manoeuvre so that he sat against the wall with Gwinam. He knew they would be there a while waiting for the thunder so he decided to get them comfier.

Cheongsan's assistance helped him. It made the noise at least bearable and so he just cuddled into him and dug his head under Cheongsan's arm, resting his head on his chest. Cheongsan allowed him to huddle into him and he wrapped his arm around the trembling boy. His head still pounding from his enormous headache.

Gwinam cowered into Cheongsan like a scared puppy. He was able to send himself asleep as the pain eased. To be honest, he was quite comfy laying on cheongsan and was able to have one of the best sleeps in a long time.

Unfortunately, when Gwinam finally woke up, the sun blazing onto his fair skin, his companion was nowhere to be seen. Cheongsan had obviously escorted himself out before Gwinam would eventually wake up and possibly lash out at him.

Gwinam's eyes were sore from the crying last night and he felt the effects of his head injury but what hurt him the most was that cheongsan left him there.

-