Reason To Live

Hi beautiful people, I hope you have all watched the trailer!!!!
I have spent the day doing it!

Song: Feeling Good by Michael Bublé.

Enjoy

Kwan.

'P'Preecha's older brother?!'

Curious Kwan peers up at the unknown man.

There is a small resemblance there but she finds Preecha to have more similarities with Kim.

Vegas is handsome, she admits begrudgingly.

'Well, so far this family seems to have been blessed with good looks.'

But there is something she senses in him which makes Vegas a bit unsettled.

Where Preecha's face has softness, Vegas only shows sharp features.

It is not just the shape of their faces but their whole behaviours are distinctively opposed.

'So do Hia and P'Chay...'

But there is more to that and Kwan gets frustrated when the name of the feeling keeps evading her.

"Playing rookie again, N'Kim?" Vegas asks his cousin with a smile that looks too sharp to feel friendly. "And here I thought my younger brother was in good company..."

Kwan frowns confused by the conflicted behaviour her saviour is showing.

Friendly and yet there is a palpable tension in the air.

Plus as far as she had seen Preecha and Kim interacting, both boys are getting along quite well.

'If I didn't know they were cousins, I would say they are just best friends.'

Annoyed she is about to say just this but Kim interrupts her.

"Let's go home." He tells the twins, not sparing another glance at his cousin who is staring at him in disbelief and the ghost of a smile. "Your brother might be throwing a fit right now."

"Oh, yeah! Hia is going to kill us...let's go, Kwan." Porschay agrees, steering his sister away from this new family member.

'Oh! I know now, he looks fake...'

He still waiies somewhat grateful to Vegas for saving his sister from hurt. Kwan follows suit, not forgetting to send a distrustful glance at the taller man then walks away.

The car ride to their new living arrangement is silent except for the radio spitting out whatever songs which are on the frequency.

Kwan is holding her bag in a death grip humming an answer from time to time when her brother is showing her some funny memes but her gaze is not moving from the invisible point right at the back of the passenger seat.

'Twenty...twenty-one...twenty-two...twenty-three...'

As the numbers keep going higher, quietness settles for a moment but her eyes fall down to the bleeding scratch on her wrist left by her uncle. Feeling a wave of panic rising up, Kwan restarts her chanting all over again.

She doesn't have a precise memory of the car accident but the biggest impression which is still haunting her is the stench of burnt oil, the taste of blood in her mouth and the unbearable feeling to be strapped to her car baby seat she can't get free then an unbearable pain at her back.

Kwan reaches the number 75 when Kim stops the car in the driveway and as soon as he unlocks the door, she hurries to get out. It is only after the second step, the teenage girl takes notice of the bodyguards who are welcoming Kim that she is back to her usual self.