Part 15

ngl, this one's chaotic

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Julieta, get away from the stove!"

The older woman jumped up and turned to see you running into the kitchen, a giggling Eliza in your arms, and half the family behind you. She barely had time to do what you said and managed to move in time before you practically lunged at her, pushing her a bit but quickly wrapping an arm around her waist.

"W-what's going on?" she asked, flushed at your closeness.

"I win!" you said proudly, causing the younger ones to groan

"That's not fair!" Mirabel crossed her arms "That's why we don't use mom as a goal!"

"Yes! Y/N will always have an advantage if tía Julieta is the goal" Camilo rolled his eyes "She will move wherever you tell her to give you an advantage"

"Oye! I just told her to get off the stove so we don't get burned!" you defended yourself "besides, I was already winning anyway"

"Yes, because you cheated and ran ahead of time" Isabela said with a frown.

"Nah-ah! Pepa said three and I ran, it's not my fault that you didn't react quickly" you said

"Mom!" Mirabel looked at her mother

Julieta just blinked in confusion. You and Karim had been coming more and more often to Casita and she couldn't be more grateful for your presence. Your brother was an angel and all the children adored him, which gave her and Pepa some time to rest from their maternal duties, although it was no use if her sister stole your daughter as soon as you set foot in the house (Félix had joked about giving Pepa another baby...he had gotten zapped).

And of course, she loved the fact that she could see you almost every day. Not that she was going to admit it out loud, but at this point, she could hardly keep denying herself that her feelings for you had changed. You just made her feel safe, loved, and a little younger. Even her mother had commented on how radiant she looked lately and the brunette knew it was because she got to spend time with you. You had changed her life.

"Mom!" Mirabel said again, snapping her out of her thoughts "Tell Y/N that she can't cheat!"

"Julieta!" you said, mocking Mirabel "Tell your daughter that I did NOT cheat and that she must learn to lose"

"I...I don't even know what's going on" she replied

"Your little rascals challenged me to a race through all the house three times and then to the kitchen, I won and now they don't want to accept it and want to accuse me of false cheating!" you explained

"It's because you cheated!" Camilo said

"I ran with a baby in my arms, so I had to be more careful and you still have the nerve to say I cheated?!" you asked, pretending to be outraged "It's not my fault you guys are slow."

"She's right" Karim finally intervened "As a judge, I saw that everything was legal here"

"You don't count because you're her brother" Isabela rolled her eyes

"It was you who appointed me as judge, princess" your brother reminded her, making the girl blush

"Pepa, you counted, tell me if I cheated" you said to the redhead who was looking at everyone amused

"Well no-"

"Mami" Antonio begged, interrupting his mother

"Oye! Making the puppy face isn't fair!" you said