Part 28

song used: Por amor al arte by Ivan Guevara

__________________________

"I just came to warn you that I heard your daughters secreting in the yard" you said casually

"Oh no...what are they planning now?" Julieta sighed, putting another batch of cupcakes in the oven.

"I don't know, I don't have Dolores' gift" you shrugged "I just came to let you know, so in case something happens, you know it wasn't me"

The brunette looked at you with a smile as you took one of the pastry bags from the table and began to decorate the cake. Today was a big day, it was Eliza's birthday party, her first anniversary. If you were honest, she had actually turned a year old a month ago, but due to the passing of your brother a few weeks earlier, the celebration had been delayed until now.

It was also the day that you and Julieta would finally talk to her daughters and tell them the truth about your relationship, which had you on the verge of a mental breakdown due to nerves. The brunette had done everything possible to assure you that everything would be fine, that Isabela would be excited for sure and Luisa and Mirabel adored you. In the very unlikely case that they didn't accept it at first, they eventually would.

But you could see behind her facade. You only had to look into her eyes to see the deep fear she felt as well. She didn't want her daughters to think badly of her, to believe that she was trying to replace their father. She didn't want them to hate her. And then you would spring into action, assuring her that no matter what, her three daughters loved her and nothing was going to change that.

So here the two of you were, trying to support each other when you knew perfectly well the other was scared to death as well. A great couple, really.

"Allow me" she said, trying to take the pastry bag from your hand.

"Ah-ah" you said, walking away from her "my daughter, my cake"

"I made the cake" she crossed her arms

"Which means I get to decorate it!" you argued "how hard can it be to make jingle bells and caterpillars?"

"They look like potatoes, not caterpillars, Y/N"

"If you are going to be insulting my art, get out of my kitchen, Madrigal"

"It's MY kitchen, Y/L/N" the brunette told you, outraged "And give me that, you're going to stain the cake"

"I will if you keep moving me!"

"Y/N!"

"Julieta!"

"Niñas!"

You two jumped and looked embarrassed while Alma looked at you with her typical strict mother look and a very amused Pepa laughed behind her. You looked out of the corner of your eye to see Julieta blushing at being caught being childish. She was adorable.

"I can't believe it. You two can't be alone for a moment without fighting? One would think that would come after marriage" the redhead winked at you

"Pepa!" Julieta grunted, blushing more, but it only made her sister laugh louder.

"Very well, save the teasing for later. We have many things to finish and the guests are almost here" Alma interrupted "Pepa, help your sister with the cake, Y/N and I will take care of the cupcakes" she winked at you

"Yes!" you jumped, happy that they let you decorate something.

"Yes, mom" The sisters answered in unison.

The four of you got down to business, with you and Alma making more frosting for the cupcakes while Pepa and Julieta decorated the cake. You heard laughter from outside and you smiled as you looked out the window and saw Félix, Mariano, and Bruno with buckets on their heads, making Eliza laugh, jumping on Dolores's lap. When Camilo entered the kitchen a few moments later and began to help his mother and aunt, you couldn't help but feel a warm feeling wash over you.