eight

right where you left me — taylor swift || 4:04
dust collected on my pinned-up hair
they expect me to find somewhere

🎶

jihoon watched as mingyu attempts to flirt with the quiet student in their music theory. he's sitting next to kwon soonyoung and is currently writing down everything professor min is writing on the board.
"alright class, session ended, i expect all your group projects, expect lee jihoon's and kwon soonyoung's, to be submitted in a month. thank you." the professor spoke, signaling the black hair boy to the front as he helped the professor with the newly submitted projects.

there were at least forty students attending music theory, meaning there were at least twenty pairings for the music assignment by mr. min.
he really is the best music student-producer after bumzu who teaches jihoon himself with one-on-one lessons.

don't worry, bumzu and mr. min are really close friends alongside with mr. kim from advanced english.

"i'll keep your things for you." soonyoung speaks, keeping jihoon's items and his own as jihoon walks towards the professor, helping him with the papers.
"please put these on my table, i'll be there in a while." jihoon nods and exits the classroom to notice soonyoung waiting for him.

they end up walking together towards professor min's office, where they were greeted by another professor known as professor jung, who teaches the performance students in the dance department.
"soonyoung, my ace student, i hope to see an amazing performance tomorrow." the older smiles in response from the professor, saying a small greeting and a 'it will always be amazing,' towards the teacher.

they walk together to lunch.

arriving at the cafe together was just a daily thing now, not only did their friend groups talk with each other, they had managed to form a few romances.
jihoon's friend group isn't big, only including people like jeonghan, hansol and mingyu as his friends.
"jihoon hey!"

jihoon takes a sit after soonyoung and introduces himself to the group.
"i'm soonyoung, from the dance department." he briefly introduces himself, jeonghan who was working with dowoon on the shift, nods as he takes a seat next to hansol.
a boy rushed in and seats with the group, once there, the group just stares at him. "you're late..?"

"sorry, i was doing a choreography with minghao for the winter celebration."
soonyoung side-eyes the boy, "the winter music celebration doesn't happen after the december break, why are you practicing so early for, mr. wen?" the blonde speaks with a teasing look on his face.
it's true, it was just only september, so why was he practicing so early?

"early preparations..?" the chinese boy hesitantly speaks as the group pick up on soonyoung's teasing look aside from jihoon who focused on finishing his drink.
the two dancers share a stare before soonyoung nods at him slowly, "okay, but my eyes are on you jun."

the chinese only sighs in relief.

• • •

"soonyoung," jihoon calls out, gaining the attention of the mentioned boy who danced with the music in the practice room.
"here, bumzu-hyung wanted me to give it to you." he hands over the disc. the disc was plain, with no colors attached or painted on it.
soonyoung liked it that way.

"thank you jihoonie~" soonyoung takes the disc out of jihoon's hands, letting the boy register the nickname he had gotten from the older.
"you're welcome.. youngie," jihoon mutters the last part, not wanting to deal with his teasing like junhui's in the cafe earlier in the day.

unknowingly towards jihoon, soonyoung smiles as he hears the nickname, whispering doesn't help when you're in a room only filled with a table, wall-speakers and a few other things for performing.
everything basically echoes.

a smile creeped onto his lips, hooking his hand around the smaller as they walk out of the practice together with soonyoung's bag hanging onto dear life from his shoulder.
"get your hands off me soonyoung," jihoon annoyingly speaks, he doesn't like skin-ship.
at all.

even if he felt comfortable within soonyoung's grasp, he still asked to take the older's hands off his body because one, there's a possible chance that his stupid roommate will tease him to whatever extent when he gets back to the dorm; and two, what happens if soonyoung's known reputation of getting into rumors and gossips start to begin again?
even after spending half of his time with jihoon made his heart feel like he was in heaven, he still felt terrified of rumors.

but even with the warning from mingyu and jihoon asking the dancer to take his hands off, soonyoung doesn't budge.
jihoon ends up elbowing him in the stomach, making soonyoung clutch over in pain as his arm slides off jihoon's body.
"thank you," jihoon blankly speaks, walking away slowly as he waited patiently for soonyoung with each step.

"i should have listened to mingyu's warning on a certain level." soonyoung quickly speaks as he stands up, with a pained smile, he still runs over to the boy who elbowed him in the stomach and was walking off.
"it's not nice leaving someone in the dust jihoonie."
"do i look like i care soonyoung?"
"i know you do~" he sing-songs, making jihoon playfully roll his eyes like he was annoyed at the boy.

but his cheeks had a pale pink dusting his skin.

🎶 AUTHOR'S NOTES
so basically, jeongcheol aren't in snu, they already have jobs because they were honor students in their own schools during high school in this story.

so the departments are even out, jihoon is in the music department alongside hansol and seungkwan.
performance unit obviously in the dance department, so they technically have to attend music theory, it's their choice to skip but professor jung forces them to take it or marks are removed by 10%. (soonyoung doesn't mind, junhao alternates by attending a few and skipping a few, dino attends every single class and aces it)

seokmin is in musical arts and acts or maa for short and is the top student there, they usually collaborate with the dance department.

mingyu and jisoo are in the business department, either wanting to be businessmen or something else related to it.

and wonwoo is the only one in the law department.