Unsafe

(Hey guys I just really quickly want to say I will try to update a chapter at least once or twice a week, and any advice would be really appreciated)

_____________

All I could see was the blood. It was everywhere, it was spilling out of the open wounds from a body... I couldn't see who it belonged to. Suddenly, I became conscious of the knife in my hand.

I didn't have time to think.

Run.

Becoming aware of the blood spattered all over my clothes, I ran across the house's wooden floorboards to the bathroom. 'Thump, thump, thump'. The sound of my echoing footsteps not stopping to slow down. I entered the bathroom and looked at my reflection in the mirror.

"Ah!" I let out a gasp.

There was a woman in the mirror, cadaverous and frail, the woman was stripped of her humanity. The warmth of her skin, long since drained, leaving only a sickly pale stain to decorate her rotting flesh. Spindly arms hung from her torso, long and bony, scarcely able to carry the weight of her skeletal hands. Her fingers were trembling claws with nails filed into sharp points. Everything about her was disturbingly wrong. Her misshapen head hung awkwardly on a narrow angle, threatening at any moment to snap off. Her scalp was a patchwork of bald scabs, speckled with long, tangles of hair falling over her face, untamed and wild, and secreting an oily film. Through sunken, black eyes, she stared into oblivion with a dead gaze. Slowly, her thin lips parted, and a vile grin crept across her decayed face, revealing a set of rotten black teeth. She cackled maliciously, "Mwa ha ha ha ha", bringing up a dagger and lifting her hand up through the mirror towards my throat.

Abruptly the door swung open, and someone came storming in...

My eyes snap open, I could feel a cold sweat covering my forehead.

"Rita! Get out of bed! You'll be late for school!" My father entered the room, displeased.

Still shaking, my heart pounded as I look around the room suspicious and paranoid that the horrific girl may have followed me here, getting up rubbing my head and eyes I try to fully wake up.

Stumbling into the bathroom, I look in the mirror slowly, cautiously, not sure of what might be there. The sun is shining bright through the window, washing away the vestiges of the horror, leaving them relieved to return to their mundane existence. Starting to brush my teeth, I see a shadow move behind me in the mirror.

I freeze.