Prologue

I run through the long dark halls. Looking for her. She had to take him away from me. I turn a sharp corner and sprint down the next series of corridors.

Where could she have taken him? My minds voice screams worriedly in my head.

I stop and scream in frustration. "Get out here and face me, god dammit!" I kick the wall.

I hear footsteps coming from the corridor to my left. I swiftly turn and hold my weapon up, ready for anything.

"Huhuhuh..... I see you have still been looking for me. Well look! You found me! Congratulations!" A cold scruffy voice growls. Once she is in sight I look down and what she had in a cart that she rolled with her. He stared at me with pleading eyes, telling me to run and forget about him.

My eyes started to water. I could rescue him. A single sob escaped me. The women laughed deeply. I can't even describe the hatred I have for this women right now.

I stepped forward, but she stepped in between me and the cart. "Now, now. That would be way too easy now would it be. I am feeling generous today, so I will give you a choice. You can either leave him here for the rest of his days to the mercy of me, or you may escape now with your pathetic little life."

I involuntarily growled at her. She new I was not even close to being able to defeat her in a fight, much less a full on battle.

"I will be back for you!" I scream in response, not to her but to him. "I will never let you go! Don't trust.... Don't forget..... Don't tell..... Everything is different now!" I turn around and leap onto the windowsill. I let a single tear escaped my eye as I jumped out the window into the night. "I will be back."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry if that was confusing! That is a future event! It is just meant to..... I don't know..... It was meant to......... Ah screw it, it did something didn't it? Well there ya go! Just remember this. This is actually something that happens like a year or two in the future. We will probably be back to this in the second or third book, most likely the second though. Thanks for reading!

NEXT UPDATE: Chapter 1 - Taylor and Jake