Chapter 1 - Taylor and Jake

Taylor's POV

Jake and I were walking to our next class, when I tripped over my own feet.

"You okay?" Jake laughed.

"Yeh I am just really clumsy." I slapped him playfully.

Ok so, Jake here has been my Best Friend Since Birth. My BFSB. We are in our Senior year of High School, and we don't have that many friends. I guess you can call us sort of popular... I mean everyone knows us, even if we don't know them. A lot of the boys drool over me, and the girls drool over Jake. This is why: I have perfectly straight blonde hair, crystal blue eyes, I'm supposedly "well cut" according to the boys in school....., and I apparently am hot. And Jake is every girls dream boy. He has brown hair, with dark blue eyes, he is tall and well built, and I guess he is cute, but I am not completely sure how to classify him since he is my friend. A lot of people actually think we are dating, but we are just super close.

When we walked into history class, the first thing everyone does is stop and stare at us. Mr. Scott snapped his old fingers weakly, attempting to get everyone's attention as the bell rang. "Now hurry to your seats, Mr. Banks and Miss. Jay. Go on! Hurry, hurry!"

We hurried to our seats. I took out my binder and started writing down notes on everything the teacher said that seemed somewhat important. Jake just dosed off from boredom. Ugh, like usual. I smack him not so lightly across the face to wake him up. With a start he falls off his seat. The classes breaks out into laughter.

"Ah..... Mr. Banks..... I see you would like to answer my next question then!" Mr. Scott smirked, but he didn't know Jake is an expert at this time period. "What was the cause of World War II?"

I saw Jake's face pale. This isn't what we have been working on! Aw crap..... Good luck Jake! Your on your own with this one.

"Uh....... It was.... Uh- Hitler! He was against all Jews and anyone without blonde hair and blue ey-" Jake stuttered.

"Incorrect! Before that my boy! Now try not to fall asleep in class. You don't know what your missing." Mr. Scott scolded. Thank god he is a nice teacher. My favorite in fact.

"Yeah, missing the stories on how you relate to the history." The bad boy, popular guy, of the grade, Jack Butcher snickered to his friends. The laughed along with him.

"I heard that, Jack! So I guess you would like to answer the question in place of Jake I see?" Mr. Scott grinned evilly. He knows Jack doesn't know this.

Jack's face paled to bleach white. He looked like a ghost. I let a small grin escape my lips.

"Is there anyone that would like to answer the question?" The teacher asks hopefully.

My hand shot into the air. I didn't even bother waiting for him to call on me. I simply answered anyway. "The war in Europe began with Germany's invasion of Poland in 1939."

"Correct! Thank you Taylor!" Mr. Scott said happily and continued on with the lesson. I continued to take down notes until class was over. The bell rang and everyone bolted out the door to lunch.

Together, Jake and I walked into linch and sat at out usual table. The table only held 8 seats, and it took a while to actually fill them.... So there is me, Jake, Daren, Isabella (don't call her that unless you want a fist to the face though! it's Bella), Julie, Daniel, Blake, and Rebecca! Yeah.... It's sad I know... These are my closest friends, and I am proud of it!

Suddenly, a pair of arms started slowly snaking their way around my waste. Ugh..... Not again! I thought.

"Hey babe. How 'bout you come over tonight for some fun." A low voice said, also belonging to Jason Herrings.