Chapter 2 - Fulfilling the Letter

Jake's POV

I knew that Daren liked Taylor. That's why I gave her the cold shoulder earlier when she told me that she was going to get a ride from Daren home. If your wondering, yes I do like Taylor. But don't you dare tell anyone! I honestly think I called dibs on her, since I met her before Daren. I am almost certain something happened between Daren and Taylor when he dropped her off. I don't trust that guy, and never will. The worst part is..... I can tell Taylor definitely likes him too.

But anyway, I just woke up, and it's 9:45, which means I should go pick up Taylor. I got into my red Camero and took off down the road. I stopped in front of her huge house. Like seriously this thing is ginormous! I text her that I was here because what if someone was still home with her. You can't be too careful.

Suddenly, I saw something jump off her balcony. Oh god... From what I just saw Taylor do, I am guessing someone is still home with her.

She jumped into the car and bent down and hugged her legs so no one outside the car would be able to see her. "Go. Go. Go. Go. GO!" She yelled.

I slammed on the gas because her yelling scared me. I quickly pressed the breaks to slow down a bit. "Well good morning to you too!" I said sarcastically, earning myself a glare.

"When you text me, my brother was home, and I forgot to turn my phone to vibrate, so he heard my phone go off. He started coming upstairs to my room, so I jumped off my balcony in a last escape." She explained.

"Ohhh..... I thought you were trying to be Indiana Jones." She punched my arm smiling and we both laughed. "That hurt!" I said frowning at the part where she punched me. I acted like I was hurt. "Now kiss it!" I stick my arm straight out in front of her face. Her face paled and she avoided making eye-contact with me. After about a minute of her just sitting and staring at legitimately nothing, she kissed her two index fingers and tapped my arm with it. I pouted. She seemed proud of herself for finding a way around what I asked. I childishly stuck my tongue out at her. That brought us both back to laughing.

I suddenly slammed on my brakes and backed up into a gas station.

"Why are we stopping?" Taylor asked me.

"We have no idea where we are going. I am driving aimlessly over here!" I exaggeratedly threw my hands in the air.

She laughed, which made my heart skip a beat. "Oh yeah! Hold on I will pull up my GPS on my phone."

She took out her blue sparkly iPhone and opened her GPS app. I watched as she put in where we were and the place that we were supposed to go.

"God, ya creep.... Stop staring it's creepy." She playfully poked my cheek and laughed. "Your blushing." She giggled.

"Nah. That's my manly color!" I said puffing my cheeks. She laughed holding her sides. I smiled widely.

"Well good news! My GPS says it is precisely 24 minutes from here!" She says happily.

"Great!" I stomp on the gas once again, speeding down the road, hoping no cops see. "I bet I can get there in under 20 minutes!" I say determinedly.

"Well don't forget, I am in the car, so if you kill me, I will murder you. And if you crash and die, and I live, I will slap your corpse."

"Jeez." I take her warning and slow down a bit, but I maintain a fast speed.

18 minutes later we pulled into the parking lot of.... Arbetter? Isn't this that bad hotdog place?

"Were here!" Taylor jumps out of the car and stretches. "And in only 18 minutes too!"

"I told ya I would be able to get here in under 20 minutes." I said shrugging.