Chapter 26: Say Yes

Part 2, Chapter 26
Say Yes

Stockholm, Sweden

(Nicki put down the phone and smiled. She had just hung up the phone with Meek, who was already back in Miami, letting him know she made it to Sweden safely. The Princess Lillian Suite at the Grand Hotel was hers for the next 2 days. It was beautiful, classically luxurious. They made sure to customize the space for her with special ammenities, sheets, and touches that only she preferred. The hotel was only minutes from the arena shed be performing in and her fans had already discovered her where-abouts.

She laid on the King size bed admiring the 15 carat diamond that now occupied her ring finger in disbelief. It was a perfect fit, platinum princess cut by a popular Miami jeweler. It wasn't the first time that she wore an engagement ring but it was her favorite. She was completely caught off guard which made it more exciting. Nicki made sure to take over 200 pictures of the her wearing the ring and sent one to Meek.

Sherika walked out of the master bedroom, wiping off her makeup and stood in the doorway watching Nicki taking selfies and pictures)

Sherika: "Mrs. Williams how many you going to take?!"

Nicki: "Oh shut up (playfully) I still cant believe he did this... any of it"

Sherika: "I know, he was mad nervous though"

Nicki: "I knowwww, my baby...(she laughs) he is the sweetest"

Sherika: "does it feel different this time?"

Nicki: "you mean the ring?"

Sherika: "No! the engagement.."

Nicki: "Oh, Definitely, it happened faster but it feels right" (she twist her ring from left to right)...Its like, when you don't have to TELL someone, or FORCE them to get it"

Sherika: "you going to keep it private?"

Nicki: "I have to...just need to convince Meek..."

Sherika: "right cus you know he doesn't care about the blogs and shit"

Nicki: "Oh gosh!!" (she sits up) "LET me call My mother" (grabbing her phone)

Sherika: "OOOoohh" (she teases her)

Nicki: "what?"

Sherika: "your mother is NOT going for that"

Nicki: "damn your right... if I tell her over the phone she's going to read me"

Sherika: (mocking her thick trini accent) "Onika, yu dun kno dat boy only so well"

Nicki: "Youre right, let me hold off, I'll tell her in person" (putting her phone down)

(Nicki's tour assistant knocks on the door before peeping her head in and interrupting the conversation. Nicki shoots her a shrewd look of discernment)

Assistant: "Hi Nicki, sorry to interrupt"

Nicki: "you already did...what is it?"

Assistant: "Sorry, Manny sent me to tell you the stage is being set up at the arena and they'd like you there to approve it"

Nicki: "Manny couldn't come tell me that?!"

Assistant: (nervously) "No Ma'am"

Nicki: "Okay" ...... "thank you"

Assistant: "Your welcome and I do apologize again" (she softly closes the door back)

(Nicki, Laurieann, and Sherika ride in Nicki's black Mercedes Sprinter Van to the Ericsson Globe. Its expected to be filled with over 15,000 screaming fans by tomorrow evening. The pink print tour bus is parked outside.