Chapter 30: Do Better Blues

Part 2, Chapter 30
Do Better Blues

****

Meek: "Alright... Alright.. Now Y'all know, I'ma Philly nigga I ain't never gave no fancy toast.. (he stands up and adjust his blazer jacket) but for this woman right here...(he looks down at Nicki) I'll say first off... your beautiful, got a MEAN body (everyone laughs) ....nice smile... a hustler... I admire this girl right here, how hard she go, she a real spitter.... how her TALENT is what got her here... Nicki fuck what anybody say you running the game, male or female and you deserve all this... I know you too good for me, but you make me want to go harder to be better... you like the perfect girl.... My dream girl real real talk... So toast to you for being the baddest chick in the game, for running circles round these niggas, and for inspiring me and giving me a chance"

(He raises his glass of Belaire Rose in the air as everyone around does the same. Nicki is looking up at him, her cheeks rosy red, smile glistening in the candlelight. He clinks his glass with hers first before leaning across the table and touching the glasses of the others)

Rick Ross: "yea.... That was a hood nigga speech for real" (everyone laughs)

Meek: "yea.... (he laughed) ... its real though"

Rick Ross: "yea from the heart... homie real as it get" (he claps)

Nicki: "awe, Thank you Meek, that was sweet"

Meek: (leans over and kisses her on the cheek) "Nah, thank you"

(Nicki blushes at his blatant public affection. She couldn't stop smiling. He had just expressed his love for her in front of their closest friends and family and looked handsome doing it. She looked over at Meek, who had just sat back down. She eyeballed his black and green En Noir blazer and button down, which he paired with a pair of Christian Louboutin loafers. His hair was freshly cut and he smelled of Platinum Chanel.

She was in awe of him, of their chemistry. She was falling hard for a guy she'd only known for 16 months. A guy who she never imagined being this close to or this attracted to. She admired his tall frame, broad shoulders, deep brown skin, deep waves, and his smile. She loved his smile; his sense of humor was contagious. There was a good energy about him and she was enjoying his presence more than ever.

All eyes were on her as she tried to relax her cheek muscles, but couldn't. She burst out laughing. Ross's girlfriend Ting smiled as she admired their bond.)

Ting: "you ain't stopped smiling yet girl" (her hand wrapped around Ross)

Ross: "neither one of them"

(Meek looked over at Nicki who's grin was as big as ever and wrapped his arm around her, placing a kiss on her shoulder. He leaned in to whisper in her ear)

Meek: "I been in love with you.." (she giggles) "let me do this the right way..."

(The sincerity and deepness of his voice makes her tingle all over. She says nothing but communicates with her eyes. Giving him permission to embark on whatever their future has to offer. Nicki leans her head on his shoulder as he embraces her. )

****

Amsterdam, Netherlands

(Nicki is broken away from her daydream by a soft knock on the door. She looks up at the mirror and cleans the smeared mascara off of her face)

Nicki: "who is it?"

(The door slightly cracks open and Sherika peeks her head through)

Sherika: "its me"