Chapter 4: Ex State of Mind

Chapter 4
Ex State of Mind

(It's been a cold winter for New York City. Its 7 degrees today, Nicki and her team are dining at Tribeca grill, in the private backroom. Rehearsals and sound check is done. She's going over looks with Rushk for the upcoming tour and discussing the creative with Laurieann (LN). Sherika breaks into their conversation.)

Sherika: "So...about last night?"

Nicki: "what about it?" (growls)

Sherika: "MEEK! you come to the door in your robe... hair wet... what are you hiding?"

Nicki: (laughing) "Oh nuh uhh, its not ev-en like dat Sher-i-ka (In her hood voice)"

Sherika: "then what is it like? ... I think hes good for you.. hes really into you"

Nicki: "oh is he? How you know?"

Sherika: I've seen the way he looks at you and he's always had a crush on you... You know that's important.... He admires and respects you"

Nicki: "yea but the kidd is very busy! I cant get hurt right now sherika"

Sherika: "da kidd aint too busy for love tho"

Laurieann(LN): "you're talking about meek mill?"(budding in the conversation)

Nicki: (nods her head yes) "yes, what you think Laurieann?"

LN: "I think he's fine but I like a hood dude...." (laughs)

Nicki: "Oh FAreal bumble bee?!" (laughing with Sherika) "what you know about a hood dude?"

LN: "I know they treat you right" (sips drink) "and they put it down ... if you know what I mean"

Nicki: (giggling) "yea I know!!"

Sherika: (turning to Nicki) " How you know?!!!" (screaming)

Nicki: "ahhhhh, stop" (cheesing from ear to ear)

Sherika: "tell me!"

Nicki: (changes the subject and turns to Rushka) "yea rushka I really like that piece with those shoes!"

Rushka: (laughs quietly) "ok Nicki, but I say give him a chance"

(In that moment, Nicki's phone begins to vibrate and a text message alert goes off. Its safaree

// The Text read:

Safaree: Im in front, black suburban //

Nicki excuses herself from the table and security walks out with her. They escort her outside into the below freezing temperature and shield her from the winds. They walk her up to the car, open the door and allow her to get in. They wait by the door)

Safaree: "Oh word Nicki, you need security for me now?"

Nicki: "I should've always had security for you, what's this about?"

Safaree: "yo your wylin Nicki"

Nicki: (cuts him off) "I'm wylin?!" (raising her voice) "You're doing interviews and going on a press run about us! About me!"

Safaree: "oh you didn't do it first? Huh? Blasting me on twitter, calling me corny"

Nicki: "because you leaked videos and my arrest record, don't play me like im stupid!"

Safaree: "I didnt! Chill -"

Nicki: "YOU DID! I cant believe you, how you turn on me like that?!?"