Chapter 41: Losing Your Balance

Part 2, Chapter 41
Losing Your Balance

Trinidad

(Meek woke up in the early hours of the morning to his phone vibrating loudly on the night stand on Nicki's side of the bed. She was still fast asleep so he gently leaned over her to grab it. He kissed her on the cheek before rolling out of bed and leaving the room.

He had over 100 missed calls from what seemed like everyone. As he skimmed through, deleting the numbers he didn't recognize, his phone rang in his hand. Incoming call from: Tak. Tak knew he was on vacation, so for him to be calling, it had to be important. Meek answered, apprehensive but prepared to listen)

Meek: "Wad dup Tak"

Tak: "Was good my G"

Meek: "shit... just waking up"

Tak: "damn cuz... can I live like you?"

Meek: "you already living good Tak... (he laughs)... wad dup though?"

Tak: "Man... you talk to Chaka?"

Meek: "yea, a lil bit yesterday.... why was sup?" (listening intently)

Tak: "She called me spazzin about Nicki hung the phone up in her face (laughing) "

Meek: "yea, she did..."

Tak: "she funny as shit" (changing the subject) "She tell you about all the shit Atlantic talking?"

Meek: "Nah, what about"

Tak: "they talking bout you not hot like you was when you got out......and if you don't turn the album in this month they pushing it back to 4th quarter"

(Meek stays quiet for a moment as he takes it all in. Tak can feel his frustration through the phone and patiently awaits an answer)

Tak: "yea.... I just hung up with her... and they want you to take Nicki on the promo run"

Meek: "nah, we not doing that promo... release dates... none of that... "

Tak: "they on some sucka shit.... end of April...thats like 2 weeks... plus Cruz need time to mix, they drawn..."

Meek: "I ain't hot?(raising his voice) all these fake industry cats know about is top 40... WHEN THE ALBUM DROP THEY GON SEE"

Tak: "what you thinking Meek?"

Meek: "Fuck Atlantic... i'ma drop that bitch when I GET READY ...(yelling) if I got to leak my own shit... or put it out for the streets... THE INDUSTRY SHIT DONT MAKE ME"

(Meek lowers his voice when he hears the master bedroom door opening. He turns around to see Nicki walking slowly towards him. Her hair is up in a bun and she's casually wearing a white crop top and a tiny silk white thong. His demeanor changes quickly as she walks over and kisses him on the cheek. He says nothing, just grins as he watches her walk past him and out onto the edge of the pool. She just stands they're admiring the view as he admires her curves. He manages to stay focused on the conversation with Tak.)

Tak: "so fuck it?"

Meek:"fuck it... they'll get it when I'm done"

Tak: "all right , when yall coming back?"

Meek: "i don't know yet"

(Nicki overhears them talking but tried to play it off.)

Tak: "Tell sis I said wad dup and hit me when y'all coming back so i can set the studio up"