Three

The man and the girl looks between me and xiao with a confused and suspicious look. The girls hand falls on the man's shoulder and he backs off, taking her hint. With a slow chuckle he nervously speaks, "you guys take this game way too seriously, huh?"

"Game?" I ask scrunching my face slightly at him. I usually wouldn't but the heat and all these unanswered questions were making my head hurt. Xiao takes his weapon away.

"Genshin impact. .?" He speaks as if we know what he's talking about. I look at xiao with a frown. His face blank as ever.

"Uhm you don't know this game? Then how are u dressed like the characters?"

"Argh what are you saying? Character? Game?" Xiaos low grumble is filled with annoyance and I don't blame him.

The two people in front of us share a glance at each other. The man clinches his jaw and with bitterness he says, "alright! Nice to see you guys. Hope you have fun her-"

"This." The woman shows a picture to us in a weird frame. "This is genshin impact"

I take a step forward to look at the image. I see paimons face on it and my eyes widen. I turn my head to xiao to show him the picture. Xiao steps next to me, our shoulders touching. She takes it back and swipes her finger across the image.

"This is teyvat." She turns her gadget back to us. It has the map on it that I use to travel around. "This is Raiden Shogun, this is sakura tree, this is a YouTube thumbnail sorry, this is childe and zhongli hugging, I love them. You remember now?"

"This is.. A game?" My head pounds behind my eyes.

"Yea! What does this mean place mean to you?"

"It's where I came from... "

"Huh." The girl squints her eyes. "I can help u get back if u want"

"What?" The man says in disbelief.

"How?" I say hurriedly. I don't know if she's trust worthy but if she knows a way, I'll take a chance.

"Alright! Let's get out of the crowd first." She says with enthusiasm, jumping slightly before rushing away to find a spot for us. The man calls her name and follows behind.

I take a step forward but a hand falls on my shoulder, turning me around. "So you're gonna believe her?" Xiao hisses at me with his jaw clinched. His piercing eyes and closeness make me want to say no out of fear but that's not me and even Xiao wouldn't hurt me.

"I'll fight them if it comes down to it." My sturdy voice comes out a bit harsh than expected.

"You don't know what their motive is or what they can do."

"I need to know." We lock our eyes and it felt like Xiao was reading my mind by looking into me. I think he's right. And what I'm doing is wrong but I was much more closer to getting to my sister in Teyvat than I am here.

"Hey! Hurry up!" The girl shouts from afar. My head turns to her and I look at her beckoning me to follow her. I still feel xiao's stare on me as I turn away from him and walk to the girl. Even if he doesn't want to come I'll go alone. I can deal with them.

We walk to the end of an alleyway, kinda far from the place we were at. It's full of dirt and smells like dead animal. There were dumpster behind the two people, probably stinks because of that. There wasn't much light either. I stay alert just in case something happens.

"Okay so here is the best place." The woman claps her hands and rubs them together. "First things first, I want you to confirm where you want to go."

"Teyvat.." I say with confusing. Why does she want to hear it again when she already knows.

"Okay, and you're aether?" She raises her eyebrow at me.

"Yeah."

"And you have the power of the statue?"

What's with all these weird, unrelated questions? "Yes.."

"Great!" She exclaims, her voice sounding too loud in this quiet place. "To make the spell work, I need your sword."

The man beside her chuckles. This feels like I'm a part of a prank that's gonna make me feel stupid. But I follow anyways. I bring my hand forward and materialized the sword out of thin air in my hands. I look at the two and their faces turn blank for a second.

"What the fuck?!" The girl blurts out the words, stepping back, and landing her foot on plastic trash bag. Her palms face me, defending her from..  I guess me.

"How did you do that?" The guy takes a step forward, with his wide eyes. His hand lightly touch my sharp blade to check if it's real. The girl in my peripherals pulls out the device she used earlier and tapped her fingers on it.

"You dont know how to get, there do you?" With a sigh I let my sword disappear just like it appeared. The device in her hand made a noise and I hear the conversation we had a minute ago repeat on it. "What's that?" I take a step forward to look at it.

"Should I post this?" The girl says loudly pointing at the thing.

"Well, obviously fucking not." The man shouts at her.

I sigh again and turn around to leave. These people obviously didn't know what to do. I should've listened to xiao. The desperate feeling fogged my mind.

"Wait, we might not know how you  an get there but we can help u indirectly." The man speaks hurriedly to me. My feet stop and I turn around to take a look at him.

"How?"

"Like a place to stay, food and all? I'll help you as much as I can. Might not be much but I'll try."

"Why would I trust you? You lied to me."

"Well I give you my word. Like a contract?" The first thing comes to my mind after hearing him say that was Zhongli. He would go lengths to make those who break the contract pay for it.

"Alright. Maybe I can for a few days." I didn't ask Xiao. Hope he'll be fine with this. Although I should consult him.