21

"I would have taken them in if I hadn't been distracted by that girl trying to seduce me!" —Park Ranger.

..

..JENNIE..

A knock on the window has me jolting awake. Head in the air, eyes half closed I wait to see if I hear it again. It's almost light outside.

"Knock knock!"

"Lisa." I shove her, and she wakes up with dazed eyes. "Someone's at the van door," I whisper, eyes wide. Pulling the sheet over her dick, she tugs the curtain back and a park ranger stands outside our door with a flashlight. He's wearing an all green uniform and has a tan hat on. He looks older, maybe forty, and a handlebar mustache that is patchy and graying.

"Mind stepping out please?" His unfriendly eyes narrow in on both of us, and I find it hard to breathe. This isn't good.

"Oh shit," I whisper, my stomach knotting into a twisted ripple of fear, I might puke where I sit. We've been caught. The police are coming.

"Yeah, let me get dressed," Lisa says calmly, letting the curtain fall back in place.

"What do we do?" I ask in a panic.

"Get dressed; fast," Lisa mutters, grabbing her jeans and shirt from her bag. Quickly with shaky fingers, I find an off-the-shoulder shirt and some lacy shorts from my bag and get dressed.

Just as I button up my shorts the van door suddenly opens, and the park ranger reaches in, grabbing me by the wrist.

"You've had enough time!" He grunts, hauling me out of the van like a felon. I scream, reaching for Lisa.

"Get the fuck away from her!" Lisa barks in a protective manner I've never heard from her. Not having enough time to get to my feet, my knees hit the asphalt we're parked on as I'm pulled from the van.

"I knew it, you're the two that are wanted, and if I had to bet, you're responsible for that man's death in the shower house!" He jerks me around like a disobedient child. "Come out girl, your run is over!"

Twisting my wrist in his hold, I try and break free, I kick at his legs and tug some more. Kuma barks, growling at the man from inside the van. The ranger pulls out a long black stick from the back of his belt and tries to smack at Kuma with it.

I gasp with horror.

"Hey! Don't hit my dog!" I punch the man in the cheek, and he raises it at me next. Closing my eyes waiting for the hit, I hear a clicking sound and the ranger lets go of my hand, causing me to fall into the van.

Opening my eyes, Lisa has the gun to the ranger's head.

My eyes widen, and mouth parts. Oh, my God. What is she doing?

"Jennie, get in the van," Lisa demands, her tone sharp. Swallowing the sudden lump in my throat, I grab Kuma and get in the passenger seat without another word.

"Get on your fucking knees," Lisa growls at the park ranger. He slowly gets on his knees, his hands raised in the air as he looks at me with heated eyes. Like I'm scum and shouldn't be alive.

Campers from all over stand at the end of their campsite watching, nobody doing anything about what's going on.

"Close your eyes and count to one-hundred. If I see you try and come after us, I will shoot you. Do you understand?" Lisa threatens, and I gasp with desire. "Fuck it." Lisa lifts her hand and pistol-whips the ranger, knocking him out. Lisa is so sexy when she's in charge and pissed.

Lisa slams the van door shut and runs around to the driver side. Climbing in, she starts the van and we peel out of the campsite.

Everything in the van is thrown to one side as we make a getaway. Weed flinging into my hair. My heart is beating so fast I feel sick, and my whole body shakes that we've been caught. That we're going to prison and will never see each other again. That ranger is going to call the cops, he's going to turn us in if he hasn't already.