5

"Jennie is not innocent! The day I saw her I knew she was too fast for our town. She probably put some voodoo on Lisa!" —Rosé

..

..JENNIE..

It's day two of school and my throat is just as dry as yesterday. I climb out of the SUV, everyone looking at me as I do so. I should really think about getting my license now that we're in such a small town. Every time I pull up somewhere with my driver escorting me, it turns heads. It's unneeded attention at this point.

Stepping out, I pull my bag close and head toward the front door. My yellow nomad midi skirt tickles my calves, and the way everyone is staring at me, I can't help but adjust my choker and necklace anxiously. Looking down, I pull at my blouse that is tied in a knot at my belly button, making sure I'm not showing any skin.

Inside the school, everyone is congregating in their cliques talking before school starts, so I decide to head to the cafeteria and finishing drawing my sunset I've been working on.

Huffing, I throw my bag on the table and pull out my pencils.

A waft of Old Spice has my nipples perking beneath my top, and my spine straighten. A large palm caresses my back and Lisa suddenly appears at my side. Her spotless letterman jacket, blue polo, and ripped jeans has her looking really good.

"You okay this morning?" She asks. Inhaling a large breath, I think about last night's events. How she hit my dog and rushed us to her vet. It was an intense situation on its own, throw in the draw between us and it was almost unbearable.

"My parents weren't happy that I didn't call them when it happened, but everyone's just happy Kuma is alive," I inform. My parents were both standing on the front porch when I got back, their faces dropping when they saw blood all over my clothes. First they were terrified, then mad, then understanding.

"You're drawing this early in the morning?" Her blue steel eyes meet mine and a grin that stretches more to the right crosses her face. She nervously runs her hand through her golden locks, and for some reason, I have the urge to push the strays that fall back into her eyes to the side.

Looking down, I try to fight back my smile and I look at my work in progress.

"Trying, I guess," I half laugh. I want to color in what I outlined last night, but I can't get my mind off the fact she kept my headband all this time. The thought has cursed me all night and morning. I tossed and turned all night wondering what it meant.

She picks up the pencils looking them over.

"What's your favorite color?" I ask, trying to bring my mind from the thoughts that were plaguing my mind all night.

Her eyes pop over the sharp lead, the normal baby blues becoming heated.

"You."

"Me?" I flinch.

"Yeah, whatever color you are... that's my favorite color."

Pursing my lips, I snatch my pencils from her.

"That's a good one," I chuckle, laying my colors flat on the table.

"Good what?"

"A good line."

She tucks a hair behind my ear, and the entire touch sends tingles down my neck.

"Oh, it's not a line. You are your own color, and if I could tell you what it was, I would. I would fucking wear it every day just to have a piece of Jennie Kim."

I swallow, my breathing becoming shallow, I slowly bring my gaze to hers. A smug smile crosses her face just before she stands.

"Besides, it doesn't take any lines to get in your pants if I remember." Hot breath sticks to the shell of my ear, causing my whole body to rise with one large inhale. "Or in your case... you weren't wearing any..."

I can't help the liquid heat flushing in my cheeks, and I bite my lip.

"See you after school," she says, walking away.

"Wait, what?"

She turns to look at me, walking backward. "To pick up Kuma."

I open my mouth to object, but she doesn't give me a chance before leaving me in a pool of lost words and a colorless sketch of paper.

..

..

Only two more classes before I get to meet up with Lisa to get Kuma. It's been on my mind all day. In biology class, she took the wobbly desk again and stared at me the entire time. The way she chewed on that pencil, her eyes hooded. I can't get those damn blue eyes out of my head. Every time we pass each other in the hall we both smile, everything in slow motion as we pass by with our eyes glued to one another through a sea of meaningless people.

My heart pounds with excitement thinking about hanging out with her tonight. My brows furrow at the thought of sex. No, I won't have sex. It's bad enough I had sex with her after knowing her only a couple of hours.

The girls hoot and holler, their voices echoing in the locker room dragging me from my thoughts. Pulling off my sweaty gym clothes, I shove them inside a black scratched up locker, the smell of mildew and perfume making me nauseous. Girls giggle behind me. I pop a glance over my shoulder, Rosé and her crew stop laughing and scowl in my direction as if I'm the reoccurring spider they keep trying to kill, and miss.

"It's so... brave of you not to wear... panties," Rosé says in an unapproving tone. Her squad all nodding behind her like they really commend me for not wearing underwear. Meanwhile, they all are wearing matching lace bras and thongs, their slender bodies sexy and appealing.

One of the girls behind Rosé has her left hand behind her back. My brows furrow, but she just smiles at me, eyeing me.

I could wear those things if I wanted to, but they're uncomfortable and over the top. I can't stand padded or underwire bras squeezing into my chest. I'm more of a bralette kind of girl, and I wear panties sometimes, I just hate how they leave lines in my clothes and cause me to sweat.

I don't respond to their obvious faux compliment and turn around to grab my regular clothes and get dressed quickly. I hate that there are no private curtains in this damn locker room. They continue to giggle and whisper, and I try and keep my shit together.

Heading up the concrete stairs, away from the locker room and run smack into Lisa.

"Shit, sorry!" I lift my chin, shoving the hair out of my face.

Her brows scrunch together, and she looks me over. "You okay?"

Taking in a deep breath, I nod. "Yeah, fine." I'm not fine though, Rosé has me so damn mad.

She looks over my shoulder, and a heat rushes up my spine.

"Hey Lisa," Rosé flirts. I grind my teeth and reposition my bag. "Coming to get me for another photo room session?" she winks, and I notice Lisa's shoulders tense. Nice.

The bell rings, and I give a tight-lipped smile to Lisa. "I'd love to stay and talk about hooking up in closets, but that's the bell." I sneer.

"Jennie, wait!" Lisa tries to grab after me, but I jerk my arm just out of her reach. If she thinks I'm some girl who will hook up in the closet with her whenever her cock gets hard, she's fucked up more than I thought.