01 - Fate

01 - Fate

"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."

-Lemony Snicket

N (c) 2015

★★★★★

January 1, 2015 ; 12:00 am

"What do you fear the most?"

"Going to that New Year party two years ago."

"Because if you didn't go, you wouldn't have met me?"

"No, it's because I went to the party; which led me to meet you."

★★★★★

January 1, 2013 ; 12:00 am

NEW YEAR IS a wonderful holiday where you get to gather around with family and/or friends to drink wine that is probably a gift from your neighbor or a give away from a Christmas party your dad/mom won, dance to tunes your parents think that are hip or if you're lucky to have your friends hire a well known DJ, play games--preferably 'bingo' by the old people, light up fire works and as like every holiday, eat. It is a celebration to welcome the incoming year, hoping it would bring good fortune and countless of blessings.

Celebrating the new year is definately not a celebration to be celebrated alone. Because it would be more fun than to lay down on a couch and watch re-runs of everyone's favorite tv series: Friends. Oh, and Keeping up with the Kardashians.

"For the nth time, I'm not going." The 20 year old brunette said, her whole body laid on the soft-comfy couch as she switched the channel from her television screen every minute, totally ignoring her female friend who is dressed up for an occation that does not involve laying down, eating pop corn and watching tv.

"I'm not asking you to get drunk and get laid. I'm telling you to get drunk and get laid." Her over-dressed friend said as she ran a hand through her brown bleached hair and feel down on the couch, crushing her stubborn friend's leg.

Ryan, the stubborn-assed brunette was silent for a while before she turned the tv off and pushed Marie off the couch with her legs.

"What the fuck--?"

Ryan stretched her arms a bit while walking towards her bedroom, leaving her friend all alone on the oakwood of her small flat.

"Fine," she said to her friend who let out a squeal of excitment. "but I get to choose what I wear and I get to go home whenever I want."

Marie, her persuasive friend nodded and agreed to the terms reluctantly. It wasn't all day that her friend would agree to go to a party with her. So whatever rules she lays, even if they are shitty, Marie had to agree to them.

Ryan had her nose crinkled up as she thought about the party. Ryan didn't like going to parties. Not because of the loud music. Not because of the idea of having sex. Not because of getting drunk. But because of the people. Ryan hated people. She only stucked with Marie because 1) Marie wouldn't leave her alone, 2) Marie always had coffee ready at her flat, 3) Marie was smart despite her looks and attitude and 4) she was just too fucking clingy.

As she reached her room, Ryan took her house clothes off and placed them on the dirty clothes bin. She took and wore a black knitted sweater, a pair of jeans, warn fluffy socks and her favorite black pair of Darth Vader vans.

"We'll leave in five minutes!" Marie called out from the living room.

Ryan took her phone out from the front pocket of her jeans and looked at the time.