Mornings

----

Connor might be a police android, a detective even, yet you could hear him sneaking back into your room in the middle of the night.

You are still very upset about the fact that he kissed you just to get Dylan out of your way for his mission success.

The less people around you, the safer it is.

Pretend to be asleep was easy. At least you thought so.

You couldn't know about Connor's senses. You predicted he would just go and sit in his chair the whole nigh as usual. Whatever.

But no.

Cold air hits your skin as Connor lifts your duvet and at the moment you sit straight.

"What the hell, Connor!" Your growl at him.

He sits next to you and covers you both not minding your tone. Then he slowly turn his head on you.

"To reduce your stress levels from our previous conversation I will provide you with some physical contact. You can go back to sleep now. I'll lie next to you so you feel safe and sleep better." He lies down and pat the spot next to him.

Physical therapy is always a good idea for young children who experienced stressful situations and trauma. To protect you Connor made a conclusion that he should use it on you. But differently.

He doesn't just want to give you comfort hug. He wants to embrace you and feel you sleeping in his arms.

"What are you saying?! Go sit on your chair." You complain but give up. "Can you at least put on some shirt?" You ask but Connor closes his eyes as if he was trying to sleep.

You just lie down. Facing him with your backs.

His arms immediately wrap around you and he pulls you in his embrace.

"Connor-"
"I'm sorry I woke you up when I opened the door." He muffles in your neck quietly.

"I forgive you. Can you let me go?" You try to break out of his embrace but fighting an android is impossible for untrained person like you.

"No, I don't want to. Now sleep." He push your head back on the pillow gently and rest his forehead on the back of your neck.

----

Since that day Connor has decided he's going to sleep with you like this. He would try to lie next to you every night.

Sometimes you get angry but other times you just let him be.

It caught you off guard when at one of the first night Connor said he want to sleep with you because he WANTS to cuddle you. And he was really persistent on it.

Since that day you have been a mess. He might has no feelings for you but yours surely become stronger.

You try to not fall for him too hard because he is there only for the investigation and after it ends you won't see him as much.

Also you must consider his feelings. Whatever he feels, you don't think there is any romance towards you.

To be honest, you get used to his presence during the night quickly and even wait for him just to not sleep alone. Since the tension at your work grow bigger it is nice way to relax to sleep next to him.

And Connor loves to feel you in his arms the whole nights. He sometimes innocently moves his hands over your body or plays with your hair. This mindless motions help him to think and focus. But not only that. Your skin fascinates him because it's thrilling to him. It it so different than other humans, it's somewhat addictive.

He feels like even though you two don't talk as much during the day after he told you that he doesn't want you to sleep with Dylan, at the end of the day it's all good because you are here in his embrace and that's all that matters to him.

Connor is able to sense in what phase of sleep your are in through your pulse. Because of that he is never surprised when you suddenly wake up and look at him.

"Good morning, y/n." He smiles and contunies to fondle your arm.

His eyes are so dark yet sparkling and his face still mostly covered in shadows.

"What's the time?" You are unable to focus on anything else but him.

"04:36:12. Wednesday morning." It sounds automatic and distant.

Connor's LED keeps switching to yellow. He seems to be lost in his thoughts or as if he is receiving some informations.

You reach at his temple where the yellow LED shines.

"What's going on?" You gently touch it and it turns it's color to blue.

"Another person went missing. It looks just like our case but luckily it's not in your work area. I've been looking through the leads the whole night. " There is something like relief in his tone.

"At least one person every week. It's a month since the last person went missing at my job."  You say.

"Because you all are under protection." He smiles with his eyes and catches your hand in his, moving it away from his temple but keep the hands connected.

He is so handsome. Looks so normal and vulnerable like that. His hairs are little messy and cat sleeping on the top of him on his white shirt.

Yes, he's finally wearing a shirt. Mainly because your flatmate came back.

"Maybe others need it more now." You pet the cat but his hand is still holding yours.

You look at him but he is already staring. Those now deep brown puppy eyes...

"You should get some more sleep, y/n. I will wake you up." His tender quiet voice sounds so sincere. He snuggs closer to you so you can use his shoulder as a pillow.

----

Connor wakes you up, feeds the cats and makes you coffee. You smile at him so sweetly every time he does so. He even helps you pick clothes for work and then drives you there.

You wish to finish your job early today. However, the last meeting with your boss was and hours long.

It was no big deal because Connor waits for you as always anyway

You can already see him in the main hall. But no coin in his hand and no leaning against the wall.

As you come closer you can notice that his hair seems lighter and so does his eyes. There is no two black puppy dots looking at you. Instead, a pair of icy eyes scan you.

"You are not Connor." You keep safe distance from him.

"Correct. I'm an RK900, an advanced prototype." Even his voice was deeper. It caught you off guard. "My name is Nines. I'm here to take you with me to the station. Connor was supposed to text you that."

"Oh...oh! Yes! I get a text message from Connor during the meeting but I thought he was just asking what took me so long so I haven't read it yet..." You feel dumb right after you say it.

Nines looks at you indifferently. His eyes pierced in yours.

"I see. Anyway - I have to ask you to come with me." Without waiting for your reply he just walk off to the parking lot.