Goodbye Free Time

It surprised you when Connor walked to you. Mainly because you didn't recognize him at first because he wasn't wearing the suit anymore and dressed casual.

"Miss l/n, my name is Connor. We have met this morning during interrogation. I'm here to escort you home and to secure your safety." He scan you with his soft chocolate eyes his LED switch from blue to yellow. This makes you smile.

"Hello, Connor. Yes, I remember you I just didn't recognize you at first because of you clothes. I'm sorry." You apologized to him.

"Androids are no longer forced to wear their uniforms. I wear suit to my work but these are my everyday clothes. I can go change if it disturbs you." Based on your reaction he realized he might sounds harsh.

"There is no need to. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I was just surprised that's all. You look great." You correct yourself and he smiles softly at you.

Poor thing looks like someone forced him to smile.

"Thank you. I thought it would be for the best if I look ordinary." Nothing about him is ordinary. He's too handsome.

You just nod and you two walk to one of company's autonomous vehicles.

"I need to buy some groceries if you don't mind." You plan your route to the supermarket and then your home.

"There is no need to. I can order you delivery. Your dinner would be there by the time we arrive." He offers you because in reality he didn't want you to worry about anything. He's here now and will take care of you.

"I have some vegetables that are about to go bad. I just need to buy some stuff. You can wait in the car I'll be quick!" Looking to his eyes you pat his forearm lightly out of habit.

He looks at your hand that you quickly take back. He can still feel the strange sensation where you touched. His LED switch red for a second and he look ahead.

"No, public places are not safe for you at the moment. It's for the best if I accompany you." Connor decides and start the vehicle.

He scan everything you put in the shopping cart carrying it quietly behind you.

"Are you sure you want to purchase this, miss l/n? This is high in sodium. That is not good for you." He questioned your choice for the first time.

"Look, Connor, I try to eat healthy but chips are my weakness." You put the bag of chips inside and look him in the eyes. Those cocoa eyes...

You catch yourself to stare into his eyes a lot. You can't help it because they're so pretty. It's like all the tiny shinning stars are lock inside and you can't look away. And that dark brown color...

"Speaking of which! I should buy some chocolate too." You could feel heat in your cheeks so you walk of leaving him a little confused.

---

"Here we are." You announce and enter you apartment with Connor. You could hear your flatmate walking up to you. You live with your best friend.

"You have two cats? I like cats."

"Welcome home, y/n. And you must be the android you texted me about." She said friendly and welcomes you both. You wait for Connor to take of his shoes and put down the groceries.

"Yeah, Connor, this is Lilly. Lilly, this is Connor, he's going to stay with us for a while." You introduce the two of them.

You are a confident woman but you can't deny how beautiful your bestie is. Her fashion sence is on point and you learn from her so much in this field.

"Nice to meet you. So we will finally know what is like to have an android at home." Connor stare at her for a moment, scanning her, then shakes her hand.

"I'm going to change and cook us dinner." You picked up the bag Connor carried home but he stops you.

"I should secure the area first, miss l/n." His seriousness startled you a little so you just nod. He went explore the apartment.

You look at Lilly and she already smiled at you. "He's handsome!"

Connor search whole apartment quickly.
Your room looks cozy and neat. He could imagine himself laying on your bed with you in his arms and- No, that's not why he is here.

He find you cooking in the kitchen after he searched the whole area and report it to you.

"Thank you, Connor. Lilly can you watch the rice for me? I'm going to change. Oh, and Connor? Call me by my name. We don't have to be so formal now do we?" You flash him smile.

He stood there for a minite after you leave and then walk to the table.

You're going to dine there anyway. Since he wanted to be sitting next to you he tried to figure out where is your usual seat. Your cat luckily gave him lead.

"I thought androids don't eat." It was a basic knowledge but Connor sitting at the table with his back straight looking like he's waiting to be adopted made Lilly question it.

He faced Lilly and noticed that you're already back in the kitchen. He checks you out. Wearing only shorts and big shirts made you look soft and cute.

"That is correct. But just standing here while you sit and eat would be awkward." Connor helps Lilly with plates and they wait for you to join them.

"We could buy some blue substance for you. I saw it at the market the other day." You heard Lilly offers him and finally sit next to Connor.

"I have more than plenty, thank you. I have a refill every other day." He commented but you had another question on your mind.

"So.. What are you going to do the whole night?" You weren't sure if he sleeps or not.

"My prototype doesn't need sleeping mode that often. I will write my reports and secure your safety. I have already connected to cctv in this apartment building and two more nearby." You and Lilly were impressed. He catches your eyes and stares at you.

And there it was again. His big beautiful eyes. They seem to be even more intense because of the duskiness. Is it hot in there? Blush appears on you face so you look away.

---

After dinner Connor goes to your room while you take a shower. It was an opportunity to learn more about you.

Your favorite color. What clothes you wear most. Where are the cats sleeping at night. How often you lit up the candles. What you read and what you like.

Your room told him so much about you and so does you social medias. He goes through all of it and learn everything there is about your friends as well.

Yes, you actually have friends.

"Is there everything alright?" You showed up in your pj. Barefaced and with wet hair.

He stares at you for long moment before he nods.

"I'm just going to be on my phone for a while and that's all. It's safe here so you can go write your reports." You signal him that he's free to leave your room now.

Connor looks at your bed and continues to stare at you, now a little confused.

"You can sleep here. I make no noise when I work." Something tells you that he's not leaving no matter what. You try it one more time and give up.

He sits on the chair and is really silent. You could almost forgot about his presence. However, you keep your eyes on him. This was your opportunity to take a look at him.

"Is there something bothering you, y/n?" You've been caught.

"Uhm, no-nothing. Is it okay if I turn the light off?" You ask for permission and you wish each other good night.

Because of his recent upgrades he could still see you even in the dark. Strange feeling start to rush through his body. It feels calm yet exciting at the same time.