4

"Soooo, how did your date go?" Xingqiu grinned, draping his arm over Bennett's shoulder. 

"It went okay..." Bennett looked as if he was going to sob. 

"That doesn't seem like it went well at all." 

"It went completely like a normal date..."

"But?" 

"But no progress!" Bennett slapped his hands over his face and knelt down, curling up into a ball on the middle of the sidewalk. "I don't know what to do! I thought everything would get better once we got married like you guys did but it's still the same!" 

Xingqiu sympathetically placed his hand on Bennett's shoulder. "I know how you feel." 

"Sir, what do I do?" Bennett sobbed. 

"Never give up hope, soldier," Xingqiu gave a thumbs up, wanting to cry with him. "We will get them to notice us one day. If not, at least we can go to sleep at night knowing they won't fall for anyone else." 

"How do you know that they won't?" 

"Why...well, I..." Xingqiu glanced away. "If they don't like us...who would they fall for?" 

"That's not very confident." 

"You should be confident!" Xingqiu pointed directly at Bennett's face. "Razor has never opened up to anyone other than you. He was a 'lone wolf' in school, remember? You're always going to be his favorite. I'm the one that has to worry about being replaced." Xingqiu placed his hand over his chest. 

"Huh? Why?" 

"Because...because...well..." Xingqiu sighed. "I don't even know Yunyun's sexuality..." 

"Well," Bennett stood up and brushed the dirt off of his pants. "He married you so that has to be a good sign." 

"We got married to make paying the rent easier," Xingqiu wiped his eye, trying not to cry. "That doesn't mean he likes me." 

"...Bennett," Razor spoke quietly and placed his hand on Bennett's shoulder. Xingqiu gasped and stared up at him. 

"You got..." he eyed him up and down, "taller?" 

"He is still the adorable wolf obsessed silly man," Bennett stepped on the tips of his toes to ruffle Razor's hair and make it even more fluffy. 

"Wolves," Razor gave a thumbs up. "Very nice." 

"I see he still doesn't talk much," Xingqiu chuckled. 

"He has a wonderful way with words what are you talking about?!" Bennett huffed, crossing his arms. "You just don't understand the depth behind what he is saying and you call yourself a writer!" 

"Wolves very nice," Xingqiu repeated, giving a thumbs up. Razor smiled. 

"Alright, alright, let's go!" Bennett grabbed Razor's arm and dragged him off. "Next time you tease my husband I won't let you off so easily!" he huffed, walking off with Razor. 

"Wolves." 

"Yes, yes," Bennett nodded, "you've already told me that wolves are prettiest when it's a full moon." 

"He just said the word 'wolves'" Xingqiu grabbed his head, unable to follow Bennett's train of thought. "How did he get that full sentence out of one word?!" Xingqiu nearly tore his hair out.