10

"Xingqiu, I love you." 

"Like...love love me?" 

"What other kind of love is there?" 

"Familial love, friendly love, forbidden love," Xingqiu counted off and listed different genres for romance. 

"I've always loved you romantically, Qiuqiu," Chongyun pouted. "Why would I marry you if I didn't?" 

"For the rent," Xingqiu gave a thumbs up. "Earning money is hard and living alone is even harder." 

"We don't have to be married for that!" 

And this, my dear readers, was the sight of Xingqiu caught in his own brain shenanigan hell. Chongyun had a very valid point here. 

"Do you...not like me like that?!" Chongyun panicked. "Did I misunderstand and trap you in a marriage somehow?!" 

"Yunyun!" Xingqiu clung to Chongyun. "I love you! I love you so much it hurts!" It was his turn to sob. "All this time! You're such an idiot, Yunyun! Why didn't you clarify sooner?! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!" Xingqiu stobbed hugging Chongyun to lightly slam his fists down on his chest. "I wuv u!" he sobbed. 

"I thought you knew! I'm sorry!" Chongyun apologized and grabbed Xingqiu's hands, holding them in his. 

"I didn't knowwwww..." Xingqiu insisted. "You act so dense and too normal all of the time!" 

"I love you, okay?" Chongyun said, kissing Xingqiu's forehead. "I love you." He kissed his cheek. "I love you." He kissed his other cheek. "I love you." He kissed his nose. "I love you a lot." 

"I love you..." Xingqiu sobbed and Chongyun kiss his tears away. "Let's sleep in the same room from now on please..." 

Chongyun nodded and kissed Xingqiu's lips, pulling him close. Xingqiu fell back onto the couch with Chongyun hovering over him. "I love you a lot, Qiuqiu." 

"Hmmm," Xingqiu shivered. "Prove it," he stuck his tongue out and closed one eye before smirking. 

...

Xingqiu sat up in the bed, leaning against the backboard with Chongyun hugging his torso, sleeping on his body. Xingqiu pretended to smoke on his imaginary cigarette and grinned. He held his phone in his free hand. 

Bennett: I'm sorry what?

Xingqiu: my marriage is official c:< we had a glorious honeymoon experience today!!

Bennett: tell me where u are I'm going to need to take you to the doctor

Xingqiu: I'm serious!!!!!! I have love bites to prove it!!! I can't kiss my own neck!

Bennett: Oh my god have you cheated on Chongyun???? how could you!!

Xingqiu: i'm serious..... *sob* why don't you believe meeeee

Chongyun stirred and looked up at Xingqiu. "Are you going to sleep?" 

"I'm going to..." Xingqiu nodded. He placed his phone on the nightstand. 

"Were you reading fanfiction again?" 

"No, I was just texting Bennett." Xingqiu kissed Chongyun's head. "Let's sleep." He scooted underneath the covers and Chongyun clung to him again. 

"I'm going to tell you I love you a lot so you don't forget," Chongyun mumbled, falling asleep again. 

"Mhmm," Xingqiu brushed some of Chongyun's hair behind his ear and smiled. "I will too so you don't forget." 

"We're... going....to spend the rest... of our lives...together," Chongyun nodded off completely. 

"Yes," Xingqiu nodded, pressing his forehead against Chongyun's and closing his eyes. "I won't let you back out of it now"