9

"Qiuqiu, are you okay?" Chongyun asked, sitting beside him on the couch. Xingqiu scooted to the other end of it, still flustered about the day before. "Your back doesn't have any burn marks, does it?" Each time Chongyun scooted a bit closer, Xingqiu tried to scoot away. 

"My back is fine..." Xingqiu mumbled, avoiding eye contact and turning his head away from Chongyun entirely. 

"Do you hate me?" Chongyun's voice cracked and his eyes teared up. "I'm sorry...I heard you scream and I thought you were hurt so I came to help but I just made it worse please don't hate me Xingqiu!" Chongyun tried to wipe his tears away with his hands but more kept coming. Xingqiu's head snapped around hearing Chongyun call him by his full name for the first time in years. 

"Yunyun, don't cry..." Xingqiu waved his hands about, not knowing how to comfort him, and then pulled him into an embrace. Chongyun clung to him, sobbing into his chest with his body all sprawled out on the couch. "I don't hate you," Xingqiu assured, running his fingers through Chongyun's hair to try and soothe him. 

"Xingqiu..." Chongyun sobbed still, "Xingqiu, I love you please don't divorce me! I promise I won't do it again!" 

Xingqiu's system has ceased functioning. Please restart the Xingqiu. 

"W-what?" 

"I love you please don't leave me!" 

Xingqiu's brain still could not compute so he decided to skip to the second issue. "Yunyun I'm not going to leave you, please calm down." 

"Are you sure you don't hate me?" Chongyun sniffled, looking up at Xingqiu.

"We've been through so much together, why would I hate you over this?" 

"Kaeya said marriages easily fall apart," Chongyun sobbed again. "I don't want our marriage to fall apart!" 

Firstly, what the fuck was Kaeya trying to do? Secondly, Chongyun was invested in this marriage. Nice. 

"Qiuqiu..." Chongyun sat up and scooted close to Xingqiu. He rubbed his eyes and tried to compose himself. "You won't leave me?" 

"No, I'm not going to leave you," Xingqiu reached up to pat Chongyun's head. "I'm sorry too for forgetting my promise. You can touch me whenever you want to. I won't yell at you anymore. Just be prepared for the consequences if you do!" Xingqiu huffed and crossed his arms. 

Chongyun placed his hand on Xingqiu's cheek and tilted his head back to him. He held his face in his hands and kissed him, closing his eyes. Xingqiu's system once again ceased functioning. Kissu? Huh? 

Was Chongyun's confession...not platonic?????