trust him

Mom let us skip the next day at school since we were at the hospital late the night before.

Landon was doing really well which was reassuring. He did have to give a statement on what he saw, the police didn't seem too worried about me as of right now, I think they were more worried about Multiplex.

The next day though all anyone could talk about was me, Guardian, and Multiplex. Anywhere I went that's all I could hear about.

As much as I kind of liked the attention it got annoying especially as it went towards the end of the week.

My friends could also not stop talking about them. They were sharing posts and anything under the sun about it.

Odessa and Atlas found their way into our group.

Marshall really liked Atlas and Kayla, Paige, and Addy really liked Odessa. See Asher liked Odessa so he didn't like Atlas. And Becca liked Asher so she didn't like Odessa.

I didn't have a preference right now, I didn't know who to trust so as of now I was just playing on both sides.

"Leah you are going to my senior night game yeah?" Kayla asked, stealing one of Addy's fries from her lunch.

"Yeah I am. I have to be there for Asher and I think Landon is going to try and go since they released him and he wants to get out so yeah. Plus it's yours I wouldn't miss it," I smiled.

"Good," Kayla smiled back.

After lunch I had another art class and Odessa was in that one too. It was pottery, not one of my favorites but I sat next to her.

Over the past couple of days I've watched her moves and patterns along with Atlas and she was completely normal. So was Atlas. They would bicker like normal siblings but also act like nothing was wrong.

It was weird.

I could never catch one of them doing anything.

Ever.

Until today.

"Hey are you going to the basketball game tonight?" Odessa asked.

"Yeah of course, it's Kayla and Asher's senior night. Are you?"

"Yeah of course. I just didn't know if you were going to go..." she trailed off. Her tone was weird, what was she trying to get out of me.

I sat down one of my tools I was using and looked at her trying to read her face, "I mean it's not my favorite thing in the entire world but it's important to them so of course I would go."

"Look I just didn't know-" she started to act nervous but her heartbeat was slow. She was lying.

What was she trying to get out of me? Did she want me to say I didn't and tell Asher and Kayla?

"Yeah I know, I'm not mad or anything..." I scoffed a little, my tone came out more wrong than what I meant.

She picked back her tools. "Yeah okay."

I didn't say anything else, and I didn't plan on apologizing because I wouldn't mean it. That and I just don't trust her.

I want to trust her, I really do. Just something wasn't right with either of them.

After that class I walked out with Odessa, she seemed angry with me and found Kayla at the end of the hall.

"Hi North," Atlas's voice came from behind me.

Speak of the devil, "Hi Gray. What can I do for you?"

"Figured we could walk to class together, seems my sister ditched you for your friend," he pointed out and we started to walk side by side.