23. Mine once again

*Shehry POV*

I was busy packing my bags while Mom, Maha and Hussain got ready to attend Juveria's nikaah. I asked my family to attend Juveria's nikaah for some reason; which I myself don't know.

"Beta... Hum jaa rahe hai." Mom comes in my room. I nod and mom steps forward and hugs me. "Please apna khayaal rakhna." My mom's upset voice kept on hurting me.

"Shehry Bhai." Maha comes up to me and hugs my legs. "Please don't go na Bhai. Please." Maha pleads. My heart clenches at her words. I bend down on my knees, leveling my height with her. "Don't worry Maha, Bhai will be back soon. I'm just going to meet dad as I miss him." I try to be as honest as I could. Maha nods and leans forward and hugs me once again, wrapping her arms around my neck. I hug her back tightly and try so hard to hold my tears back.

We pull back and I find Hussain standing in front of me with tears filled in his eyes. I hug him so tight, I thought I would choke him. But unexpectedly, he hugs me back tighter. "I'll miss you Bhai." His crying voice causes me to close my eyes. "Shoki, mein sirf thode din ke liye jaa raha hoon. Jaldi aa jaaunga." I state. "I'll miss you too." I add.

"No I'll miss you more." Hussain argues. "Your tight wala hug, tighter than mine explains how much you will miss me. I'm gonna choke saaley." I hear him chuckle over my shoulder, he hugs me more tighter and I hug him back.

We pull back and I wipe his tears away.

*Hussain POV*

I lean forward and hug the life out of Bhai. "I'll miss you Bhai." Tears start to flow out of my eyes. "Shoki, mein sirf thode din ke liye jaa raha hoon. Jaldi aa jaaunga" Bhai replies.

A few seconds later Bhai adds in to his sentence. "I'll miss you too." I felt I should be ahead of him this matter so I argue back. "No I'll miss you more." I argue. "Your tight wala hug, tighter than mine explains how much you will miss me. I'm gonna choke saaley" I chuckle over Bhai's shoulder. I hug him more tightly and Shehry returns the hug.

We pull back and get ready to leave for Juveria's nikaah. We say our salaams to Bhai and leave.

We were on the way to the venue. My ride to the venue was very worried and stressful. I just couldn't comprehend anything. What has happened?... I couldn't see Bhai like this...

*****

"Mujhe ye nikaah qubool nahi hai." I hear Sarfaraz's voice and my head snaps his direction in shock. Ye kya

"Kya matlab?" I hear Imran uncle's voice. "Mujhe ye nikaah manzoor nahi hai." He states once again. Imran uncle rushes towards him and Sarfaraz stands up.

"Ye kyun keh rahe ho tum? You wanted to marry her?" Imran uncle questions dissatisfied. "I never wanted to marry her." Sarfaraz says calmly. "But--" Imran uncle's question leaves hanging. He went speechless. "Tum aisa meri bezati nahi kar sakte sab ke saamne" Imran uncle states.

"Kaisi bezati? Ye meine nahi aapne apne haath se ki hai uncle." I could feel Sarfaraz trying to hold his anger back. Sarfaraz's head turns towards the Moulvi. "Aap mujhe ek baat kahiye... Nikaah jo zabardasti ki jaati hai, is that allowed?" He questions the Moulvi. "Nahi beta.. Wo shaadi allowed nahi hai?" Sarfaraz turns back to Imran uncle.

"Imran uncle aap samajhne ki koshish kyun nahi kar rahe ho?" Sarfaraz questions calmly, trying his best to get him to understand.

Sarfaraz tried to get uncle to agree while Imran uncle kept on disagreeing. After trying for a thousand times and when I thought he was finally about to give up, Sarfaraz approaches Juveria's dad. I glance over at Juveria who was shocked as much as I was. She seemed devastated

Ishq mein dard kyun hai?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें