Chapter 21 - Part 2

Jennie was right. It was two weeks of torture where her will got severely tested. She had to constantly talk herself out of running into her beast's arms and confessing her love for him and telling him how much she had missed him.

The worst was when she was done performing and escaped into her changing room. Gifts waited for her. Her eyes prickled with tears when she saw a small bouquet of flowers along with a book.

They weren't a show of wealth or power. They were the most meaningful and thoughtful gifts. Each bouquet held the same variety of flowers she had planted around the barren tree. And the books were her favorites and those she had borrowed from his library.

He didn't approach her or talk to her. He was simply there, reminding her of each moment they had spent together.

In the third week, she couldn't take it anymore. She decided to show the beast once and for all how unsuited they were. She specifically asked to perform at a non-corporate event. The event manager looked at her like she had gone mad, and so did Dong-Hyun.

"I need the tips," she explained. "If I can't perform at bachelor parties, I might have to quit here and find work elsewhere."

So finally, she got a call from Jackson informing her that she was to perform at a bachelor party that night.