Chapter 22

"You are playing a dangerous game, Jennie," he said with a frown.

"Please, oppa. Just do as I say. Just for tonight."

He didn't look happy, but he nodded.

Jennie knew this might be her last performance. But as long as her beast got the message she was trying to convey, she didn't care about anything else.

She chose different music that night. It was slower and way too sensual, bordering on sleaze.

The crowd went wild, hooting and whistling and passing lewd comments. Jennie continued to dance, pasting a sultry smile and deliberately keeping her gaze away from the shadows where she knew her beast sat to watch her performance each time during the last two weeks..

The men looked at her, and then at Dong Hyun, who was standing with an expressionless look. One of the drunken men got up and slowly came towards her while she continued to dance.

Jennie bit her lip hard, bracing herself to be groped by the drunken man. She saw Dong Hyun move to come towards her, but he stopped midway. She understood why when she heard the threatening voice.

"Touch her, and you'll spend the rest of your life having meals through feeding tubes."

The drunk blinked and stared at Taehyung who had come out of the shadows and was watching him with cold fury.

But before she could move, suddenly her world turned upside down. The beast had picked her and thrown her on his shoulder.

He was walking away rapidly.

"Taehyung!" she cried out in shock. "What are you doing? Stop!"

But he didn't.

"Oppa!" she shouted for help.

Dong Hyun looked at her but didn't move from the spot. He had a grim look.

"She's going to be with me," Taehyung told Dong Hyun as he passed by. And shockingly, Dong Hyun simply nodded.

"What? No!" she shouted. "I don't want to go with him, Oppa! Stop him!"

She was carried into the dressing room and put down on her feet with a jarring thud. The man who behaved like a beast looked furious.

She was angry too. Angry and frustrated that he wouldn't leave her and go back to where he belonged.

"You have no right to bring me here!" she shouted. "Why don't you just leave me alone! I'm going back in there!" She took a few steps towards the door before he caught her hand and pulled her back.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he demanded. "There are drunken men who were seconds away from mauling you."

"So what?" she shouted. "Maybe I want to be mauled. Who are you to stop me!"

His nostrils flared with fury and an unknown emotion. "I kept my distance, giving you space and time. But if you want to be mauled, then let me be the one to maul you." He gave her a push until her back thudded against a wall, as he closed the distance between them.