Progress - Gem

It was my second time dream traveling.

But this time, I did it alone. I didn't want the distraction of FWhip with me. I only trusted myself with this task.

I went to sleep with my hand clenched around the dream-traveling device. I knew I had succeeded when I found myself floating in the expansive Dream Void. I took a deep breath and held up the crystal. After reciting the short spell, I was free to enter anyone's dreams. Well, almost anyone's.

"Pearlescent Moon."

This time, it worked.

I found myself in a familiar town that I can't name, because it's just between Pearl, Pix, and me. It was dusk, with the last golden traces of sunset fading away. I turned around and couldn't believe my eyes.

The moon was huge! I wasn't sure what was going on, but I had never noticed that it was getting bigger.

I glanced over to the mega shop owned by... I can't name them. It would give away my secret. But those two were always up to no good, and they had a habit of breaking the laws of the universe. I suspected them.

A voice came out from nowhere: This is what happens to your world when you leave. This is what they are going through... without you.

I hadn't been Realm hopping in a while. If this is what happened when I left Her- this world, then maybe I should have been visiting more often.

Then again, Pearl was Pearl so she probably had quite weird dreams.

Fearful, I slipped my hand in my pocket and whispered, "Scott Major."

I was pulled into the elf's dreams. In the dream, he was human, which was incredibly weird. He was in a cottage in a forest, huddling close to the fireplace, when suddenly, the roof blew up. I looked up to see the attacker... was that... Joel?

I didn't talk to Scott or Joel because, well, he had enough to deal with in the dream without me trying to get his attention as well.

Confused, I said, "Bluemoon Tay."

Unavailable.

What? It worked for the others!

I tried the million-diamond name: "The Listener."

Unavailable.

It was worth a shot.

You again.

"Yup," I said.

Go back to your own world, wizard. You don't belong here. Or there, really. When are you going to stop changing your mind over where you belong?

I woke up at home in a cold sweat. If that one dream controller person was out of the way, this would be a ton easier.

She had voiced my thoughts exactly. Empires was my home, but I also lived in that other world. I didn't know where I belonged.

I went into my study and wrote down what I had experienced. I knew that at least Scott and Pearl were not deleted, because I had gone into their dreams. But saying I was worried about Blue was an understatement, because both the times I had tried to contact her, she had been unavailable.

After I had made sure that my journal contained all the information I needed it to, I went outside and flew up to the terrace to put the book away.

After I did, I went down to the town to work on the roads and paths. I stood at the fountain and stared into the depths. Some of the inhabitants of the Empire had thrown bits of gold and gems into the fountain, probably wishing. Maybe it wasn't a bad idea to enchant this fountain and make it a wishing fountain.

I took my staff out of its place strapped to my back and started to cast the spell. The amethyst gems glowed and -

"Hello, Gem."

I whirled around to see a familiar red-robed figure. Sausage was carrying a strange Netherite-tipped scythe with rubies embedded into the blade.

He swung the scythe at me, but it wasn't the sharp edge that hit my head. It was the flat side - a blow intended to knock me out.

Sausage was confirmed to be on the enemy's side.

And I was captured.