Memories - Blue

Scott gasped. I let out a small scream. Ren yelled, "What?"

Impulse had spawned a Wither.

Most of us had defeated a Wither before. But it was usually in a controlled environment, such as underground. And we always had full diamond armor that was enchanted, elytras, and allies to call if we needed help. Even so, the Wither would still kill each of us once or twice.

But now, in Last Life, where it was probably in the open with people, the best of whom had mostly iron armor mixed with one or two pieces of diamond armor with feeble enchantments, ender pearls, and one or two allies who weren't red.

And when half the people in this world were yellow, this would end badly.

But while some see danger, others see the good in a situation. Ren was one of those people.

"We can get a Nether Star," he said, his eyes glinting with eagerness underneath his sunglasses.

"Are you crazy?" I stressed. "We could all die! Scott and you are yellow!"

Scott shrugged. "You're light green."

"YOU, TOO?! Is it just me, or is it a boy thing to run into dangerous situations with no thought whatsoever?"

Ren and Scott exchanged glances. "You're outvoted," Scott said.

So, with a lot of grumbling from yours truly, we ran off to chase a monster.

We found the Wither at the Team B.E.S.T. snow castle, where Bdubs (Who STILL hadn't moved out, by the way) and Etho were facing the Wither together, name colors forgotten. Joel and Impulse were there as well, watching them struggle against the boss. Cleo probably wanted to be there, but felt obligated to watch Pearl. Maybe I could go take her place.

When I turned toward the Scottage, Scott said, "Don't even think about it. We need you here."

I huffed and surveyed the battle a little more.

Tango was also red. When had he turned red? I didn't know. He was standing to the side, watching, but not with the other reds. This told me that he wasn't allied with Impulse and Joel. That was good.

Jimmy and Mumbo fought as well, but probably less to help the remains of Team B.E.S.T. and more to get the Nether Star for themselves. They fought alone, because like with Bdubs and Etho, Mumbo's red nature had taken over.

Scar, the idiot, was there too, fighting alone. He was probably hoping to put the beacon atop Magical Mountain and sell the use of it for a few diamonds an hour.

It seemed like the only people not there were Martyn, Pearl, Cleo, and of course everyone who was dead.

"Competition," Ren muttered when he saw all the people there.

Scott pursed his lips. "You know what? Blue, go get Cleo."

I nodded and ran down the hill, grateful to get away from the situation.

Yes, I was scared. Terrified, in fact.

I ran into the Scottage. "Cleo, we need you!"

Cleo came down the stairs. "I can't leave Pearl!"

Pearl limped down after her. "I can hide somewhere. The catacombs, or something. Get out of here."

Cleo bit her lip but came with me. Pearl went down the stairs to the mines and catacombs.

We went back up the hill to the snow castle, our swords drawn. Scott and Ren were waiting for us exactly where I had left them.

We didn't need words to communicate. The four of us ran into battle.