Chapter 20: Ghosting

Vaughn Miguel

"Egg sandwiches taste good after séx." Sabi ko matapos kong kumagat ng niluto niyang egg sandwich. She really cooks well, the sandwich is crispy, soft in the middle, and overall tasty.

Inirapan niya lang ako na ikinangisi ko naman. Ngayon ay narito kami sa kusina, and both fully clothed. Nakaupo ako dito sa isa sa mga stool na nakapaligid sa island counter, habang naka-indian seat siya mismo sa taas ng counter. She is wearing a pair of sweatpants and a shirt, habang may nakapatong na ice pack sa pagitan ng kanyang hita.

I can't help but to slightly blush. She needed that because I made her ride me twice, and then after that, I pulled her into the bathroom and rearranged her guts in the shower. Matapos noon ay literal na tinulak niya ako palabas ng shower stall, dahil according to her hindi siya makakaligo as long as kasama niya ako.

Kaya naman pinatayo niya ako sa labas ng shower, there I watched her until she was done.

I wanted to bend her on the nearby sink when she stepped out, pero pinigilan ko ang sarili ko dahil iika-ika na siya. I felt so bad and I wanted to give her a rest, kaya hinayaan ko na lang siya na lumabas ng banyo.

I showered and by the time I got dressed, I could already smell the fried egg in the air.

"I'm not leaving four days from now.."

Natigil naman ako sa pag-nguya nang marinig ko ang sabi niya. Nang lumingon ako sa kanya ay nakatuon sa akin ang kanyang kulay abong mga mata. Her damp red hair is down, meanwhile her milky skin has that pinkish tint because of the warm water from the shower.

"I decided to stay for two more weeks..." She added and took a bite of her sandwich.

Suddenly, I felt like the mood shifted, because it reminded me of what we actually are...it reminded me that we are not normal people who are only sleeping with each other.

"W-What about the blackmail?"

She shook her head, and looked away for a moment.

"Don't worry about that..."

Napalunok ako. Her graze trained back at me.

"Why'd you change your mind?"

"Just because I can...and I like your company."

Natigilan ako.

Suddenly, we're back to who we were when we met. The séx and our flirty games distracted me from the fact that I quite literally know nothing about Kamila. That this woman is still holding something against me and can destroy my life in a snap.

I felt like my gut churned.

"You okay?" Tanong niya.

I licked my dried lips and took the last bite of my sandwich.

"I-I gotta g-go.." Sabi ko at tumayo na.

Her arched eyebrows knotted.

"Miguel, hey.."

"Thank you for the sandwich...I am late for work." Mabilis kong sabi, bago ako tuluyang lumabas ng bahay.

I breathed out when I got into my car.

I know it's an åsshole move to just leave...pero ginusto ko na umalis agad at lumayo sa kanya dahil hindi ko gusto ang nararamdaman kong galak, ngayong alam kong magtatagal pa siya dito.

Kamila

I thought he was gonna be glad about what I told him, pero bigla na lamang siyang umalis kanina. It's like whatever I said had an opposite effect, from the looks on his face it seemed like it scared him.

Now, it's already seven in the evening. I am here in my bedroom, laying on the bed, and with a fresh ice-pack between my legs. I didn't get to do much today dahil masakit ang katawan ko at ang pagitan ng mga hita ko. It's like every time I move, I can feel all those nasty things that he did to me.

He didn't come home—well, that's the wrong term. What I'm saying is that, hindi niya ito gawain. He usually comes by, every night or if he can.....

But now he doesn't, and It doesn't feel right that he's kind of ghosting me.

I mean, I do get it, he's sleeping with someone he's not supposed to be even keeping around, to begin with. I get that he doesn't trust me too. I shouldn't feel anything about it....but somehow his actions left a sting in my chest.