Chapter 49: Shy Boy, Yarn?

Helloo, roses! Your fave author is back with another *family friendly* content HAHA! Happy reading! 💛

***

Vaughn Miguel

It has been sixteen days since Kamila was framed. Since then, a lot of things had happened, for instance; we got separated, she ran away, I was accused of being a traitor, I was shot, I found her, we've been to Brooklyn, I met her wonderful crew and friends. More things could've happened and things could've ended horribly wrong for all of us, but we made it out alive and well, after all.

And for the last sixteen days, the family had no single idea about all of those things because

Kuya Si covered for me. So, ang alam nila noong una ay nagkaroon kami ng 'bro trip.' They won't suspect a thing dahil close naman talaga kami ni Kuya Si. We actually have been to some trips before. You know, in Science and Tech conventions. Lagi siyang invited sa mga events na katulad noon, not only because he's a smart and successful businessman, but also because a lot of famous and big people just want him to be the main speaker in their events. Whenever that happens, it's either he goes alone or he tags me along as his 'plus one' since he never had a girlfriend and he rejects celebrities who ask him out, or anyone for that matter.

Well, one might ask; why?

I simply do not know the answer. He's very successful and he could get any woman that he could possibly want, but he doesn't do that for the reason that we don't know. Maybe Kuya Ethan knows because they're actually bestfriends. Hindi lang niya nasasama sa mga events si Kuya Ethan dahil he runs our family business.

That being said, habang nasa New York kami at nagpa-plano kung paano namin mahuhuli si Spader. Ang alam pa rin ng pamilya ay nasa 'bro trip' pa rin kami. Hindi sila nag-suspetya or naghinala man lang, dahil nagse-send si Kuya Si ng profesionally edited at fabricated vacation videos sa family group chat.

Then he told them that a huge cruise ship company offered him to buy them. I thought it was a lie, but it was actually true. He did get an offer from a multi-million peso company to buy them. He ended up accepting it. So now, tech at cruise ship company owner na siya. The only lie was that he sent me to the cruise ship to test if their services were good and if the perks were actually worth it. He showed modified pictures to the family, which made them all believe it again.

I felt so bad that Kuya Si had to lie for me, but he told me that there's no room for feeling bad because he helped because he wanted to, and Pinuno asked him too. Dahil lahat ng nagyari matapos akong iwanan ni Kamila sa bahay ay tago sa publiko. Nobody in the civilian world knows what happened from the shooting under the bookstore, to Spader in the cemetery, to Kamila flying back to the Philippines and going to the bookstore.

It has to stay secret and hidden dahil kapag lumabas iyon ay mabubunyag ang W-1716 organization. Which cannot happen for many reasons.

That being said, my 'cruise ship' trip was supposed to last for ten days. It has been four days since he told them that I'm on the ship, which means I still have six more days. Pinuno knew that and being considerate that she is, she allowed me and Kamila to take that six days as a paid vacation.

Ang sabi niya ay 'small gift' niya iyon kay Kamila, kasi dahil sa kanya ay nahuli na ng organization si Spader, they shut down a lot of illegal clubs in the U.S and in the Philippines, and W-1716 also has a whole list of criminals to hunt, thanks to my woman's intel in the criminal world.

Now, we're on our way to Bali because Kuya Si has a private island there that he never used. He bought it from an auction once because he was bored.

Yeah. I know. Rich people things.