the friday surge order

"Can you clean up for me? I gotta check the register and input the starting amount." Y/N said as she walked to the front of the store and behind the counter. Checking to see if everything was refilled and ready she plopped in the cashier's chair and started off with counting the money. It wasn't long until she felt a warm fuzzy vibrating bunch of fur curl around her legs.

It was Manon, the shop mascot and Y/N's cat who came downstairs for her job. A.K.A attract customers. Y/N held up the cat in her arms, snuggling her before planting some kisses on its head. "Morning love, do you want breakfast?" Manon responded with a cute meow to the word breakfast immediately.

After feeding Manon her cat food plus some left over ham Y/N went back to doing her chore. The bakery was doing well and she was predicting a pretty steady flow of customers. News was that there was a recording of a show in the nearby tv station and the staff and her were ready for anymore extras or surges.

After her chore, Y/N slipped back in the kitchen to check up on her loaves and pastries. After pulling some out of the oven, the kitchen and the store was filled with the aromatic scent of fresh baked bread and butter. Truly an irresistible smell. Her apprentices watched her work in awe. "Let's makes the sandwiches and start displaying them? We have an hour to opening so let's all get ready shall we?" She pulled a smile as she started to cut open a cooled baguette.

It wasn't long until the trio started to open up the store, the display was filled with baked delicacies. From the aesthetic sandwiches, the glistening danishes and buttery croissants and savory quiches and the many desserts alongside, the store looked beautiful from any perspective. Manon in her place in the hammock attached to the window to sunbathe and attract customers. With one last sweep of the floor and a flick of the open board, Poppy's bakery was open for the day.

Morning orders went smoothly as many people dropped by for an on the go breakfast or a quick coffee. The bakery was earning its spot in good coffee after Ji Hoon's barista skills came to life. The store was mostly handles by the apprentices as they were here for work experience. Y/N did evaluate them and was their side whenever needed.

They were having tons of fun, the adrenaline coursing through their veins as they went along the busy morning rush. Ji Hoon swiftly handling the front of the house while Yeri was cooking up breakfast classics such as Croque Madames and French toasts on the go. Y/N adjusting or cleaning along the way watching them work and noting down their progress. Often arranging flowers for the shop or updating their blackboard menu outside she was also having a lot of fun.

It wasn't long until the peak hours came to a calmer pace. As they were about to take a 10 minute break to restock the display, a swarm of customers dashed in. Groups of younger girls and adults with bodies hanging with merch of their favorite idols gazed around the shop. That's right there was a broadcast today. As the girls started giving their orders Y/N chimed in to help Ji Hoon out.

"Hi girls, how can I help you?"

"Do you recommend us anything? They all look really good. If you can, can you order for us?" a girl spoke up. Chuckling at the sweet request, Y/N went along explaining what combos and items paired well and how each were on different preferences. The group of girls just started at how cute Y/N was half of them getting lost into staring at her presence.

"Wow Unnie, did anyone tell you that you give off a really sweet vibe?" One of the girls mentioned it as Y/N was taking their orders. As a response she smiled "Sometimes I do get that but don't sugar coat it please. I'm not that pretty you know."

A loud gasp and denial was heard from the group as the frowned in dismay on Y/N's words. "Oh come on trust us! We've seen idols and you're as pretty Unnie."